Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What is a positive calibration panel?

Thanks, C.

HP Recommended
Positive corner: outer edge of each panel is closer to camera then then joint line between the panels, which is further away.

Negative corner: the opposite, the joint line is closer to camera.

Where you able to calibrate?
HP Recommended

Okay, thanks. I have only been using the positive calibration.

I have not been successful at calibrating yet. I tried turning off OptimizeMultiCameracalibration and ensuring the central vertical line is in the center of the camera. Any more ideas? Should I do a phone call?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help here. I opened a case so I can get some real-time assistance on this. If anything jumps to mind that I should try out with the scanner please post it and I will continue to troubleshoot until the support call.

HP Recommended

I have found the calibration procedure in David 5 to be much more sensitive , and therefore more prone to failure, than the one in David 4. I have also found that I do better calibrating David 5 with the negative calibration set up despite the short comings of such a set up. Try reducing the angle of the camera with respect to the projector. so that the camera has a better view of both sets of circles (all6).

www.3dscanforum.org
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.