02-10-2017 10:12 AM
Recently installed and set up the David SLS-2 3D scanner. Software is Pro v5.0.7.
We can not get it to calibrate.
Our error is:
"Projection calibration failed, could not find a valid mapping between measured points and model parameters"
Sine waves fit between the blue lines; 6 major reference circles are visible.
Exposure under camera control is not red.
Looked through the setup documentation.
We're going insane.
Thanks in advance.
02-15-2017 04:30 AM
Your setup looks OK. I do not have too much expirience with the DAVID 5 and SLS-2. What would I suggest is that you rotate the calibration panel towards projector (for 5 to 10 degrees) and recalibrate, if it´s not working then rotate more (5 to 10 degrees). Try to rotate in both directions (towards projector and towards cam) until you find right position.
**Views expressed are my own, no one else would say such drivel**
02-15-2017 07:12 AM
Just a thought:
Make sure the speed of acquisition is correct and not too fast.
Advanced settings -> Acquisition ->
make sure Maxpatternholdingtime is high to begin with. Default is 1000-
If David is unable to capture correctly the images, there is no warning except the failed calibration.
Are you able to calibrate with David 4 ?
02-17-2017 09:03 AM
I tried all of the suggestions and a few combinations of them without success.
- Maxpatternholdingtime increased from 1000 to 1100
- David 4 successfully showed the green x marks (not able to obtain in David 5)
- Rotating the calibration panel towards the projector and then toward the camera, trying to calbrate after each rotation
02-19-2017 10:22 AM
Let's keep trying:
1) In Advanced settings, unselect:
Calibration -> OptimizeMultiCameracalibration
2) Place the central vertical line of the calibration panel in the center of the camera view.
Is this a positive calibration panel ?