Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
SLS-2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My camera is not working on mine desktop, but it works when I am using with my laptop. I already updated the camera driver, net. framework, NVIDIA and Windows 10. When I use the skype, the camera works but not at the David software. What I should try?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Which cam and which version of DAVID? Under the setup try the "Custom structured light" setup and see if the cam will be available.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

I am using the David camera that comes with SLS-2. The camera appears as a option on Camera (DAVID-CAM-3.1-M) on DAVID SLS-2 or Structured light setup but when I choose it doesn't appear the image. When I restart the computer and open the David software it takes a while to open and usually crashes or take a very long time to answer. In my opinion there is a conflict between windows and the camera and the david software

HP Recommended

Just to add: the camera is monochrome pro and my software is V.3.10.4. And didn't work to try on the setup the structed light setup

HP Recommended

When DAVID-CAM-3.1-M is not delivering picture into DAVID sofware it is usually display driver or it can also be Win 10 update (famous annyversary upadte). You stated that everything is updated on your PC, so hard to say. Can you please check Windows updates once more: 

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html

You said that Cam is working fine on other devices like laptop, do you have the same operating system on laptop?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Both computers are Windows 10 and they have the same updates. I also checked the update of the NVIDIA driver and it is also updated. I dowloaded David 4 trial and also didn't work.  

HP Recommended

Can you test your cam with any other software, Skype maybe?

I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.