Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
David-3D V5.0.6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated my David-3D to the latest version 5.0.6. Now, David is crashing at every start of the application. It starts to the screen "Setup" and within 1 second a window pops up, saying "DAVID 3D SCANNER 5.0.6 doesn't work anymore. Searching for a solution for this problem" (translated from german).

I uninstalled David and re-installed it. After that it worked again. I did a small scan, but when starting shape fushion, David crashed again. After that, it crashed again at every startup.

Up to now, I had not installed the windows 10 anniversary update. I installed that today, so my PC is now at Version 1607 (Build 14393.351) After that, behaviour is still the same.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a new version DAVID 5.0.7 you can download it from here:

http://www.david-3d.com/en/support/downloads

Bugfix:
* Setup type: Fixed program crash when hardware setup for "Custom Structured Light Setup" is imported

I hope this helps!

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Avogra,

Did you update an existing Version 5 or did you upgrade from version 4?

I do know that there where some issues with the anniversary update, but these were resolved by subsequent updates from Microsoft.

Can you see if there are any further updates since the Anniversary update, if so installing them may resolve this issue.

I have successfully installed and run Version 5.0.6 on bothe Windows 7 and Windows 10 (fully updated).

Although I am an HP Employee, all views expressed are my own and are not on behalf of HP

Regards
Ty
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
HP Recommended

There is a new version DAVID 5.0.7 you can download it from here:

http://www.david-3d.com/en/support/downloads

Bugfix:
* Setup type: Fixed program crash when hardware setup for "Custom Structured Light Setup" is imported

I hope this helps!

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try it tomorrow!

HP Recommended

I had no more crashes with the new version. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.