Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP

I installed David 5.1 and tried a number of experiments to gauge any improvement to the Calibration routine. I was really hoping that the optimize dual camera function was fixed. However after a number of setups and experiments with the various settings under the advanced -> calibration tab it seems that that function is still producing the same distorted calibration. I first started by leaving every setting at default and calibrating to a 200mm calibration corner I use often. I then Scanned the corner and observed/measured the results. With the Optimize Dual Camera setting off I the scans were measuring 90.0046 degrees panel angle. Optomize off measured 1.jpg

With the setting on I measured 90.7368 degrees:

Optomize on measure 1.jpg

The calibration information is different between the two as well.

optimize off:

Optomize off.jpg

Optimize on:

Optomize on 3-4-2017.jpg

Needless to say there was no physical change at all to the hardware between these two tests. I didn't touch the cameras or projector, and I changed nothing in David except turning on and off the Optimize dual camera function.

Hopes this helps.

P.S.

In looking over my notes the differences between on and off are less then they were in version 5.0.7 but that was a different setup up so I cant say there weren't other factors involved.

www.3dscanforum.org
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.