Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just got a new Xeon based Laptop (32Gb ram, SSD, Nvidia Quadro200 V card) that came with windows 10 pro installed. I installed David 5.0.7 and scanning 1 USB 3 camera is slower than on my older system but acceptable. where the system really dogs is in shape fusion. With about40 low rez scans (speed mode) rotation is jerky at best and operations like alignment are frighteningly. Before I wipe the drive and install Win7 is there anything I should try with Win10 tha may help? This laptop should be much faster than my previous system but is actually MUCH slower. All system files and drivers are up to date. I know there have been issues with David and Win10. Is this one? Thoughts?
www.3dscanforum.org
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I did not notice any major problem on my tower with Windows 10.

My brand new Windows 10 laptop is slow, but that is not specific to David. I need to find the culprit.

You can send me a file if you want me to test on my system.

Jeff

HP Recommended

I saw laptops with Win10 that can make a single scan with 2 cams in 1 second. There should be no difference btw. Win7 and Win10 regarding speed. Did you made a clean install of Win10 or upgrade on Win7?

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

It's a "clean" OEM install. I've removed most of the Bloatware and tweaked the settings as best as I can figure out for the moment. Scanning isn't the problem. It scans quickly. The problem is in shape fusion where is takes a very long time to align two scans and, with a seemingly moderate number of scans visible, the selection and delete also take far too long. It seems like a memory management/access issue. This machine (a new Dell precision workstation) has 32Gb in 4 dimms so that shouldn't be the problem. FWIW it also has a PCIE SSD main drive so again the should be pretty zippy.

www.3dscanforum.org
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.