Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

David Enhancement Request

Product Name: Hp 3D Scanner

Hi. I've used Hp (David) Scanner for years. Also I've used FlexScan3D too.

At a comparison, I think Hp Scanner need some enhancements to be absolutely better than Flex.

- Marker for alignment: Round circle markers for alignment. it is very important for a professional 3dscanner. I think it is soooo important.

- Calibration method: David (Hp) Calibration Panel is hard to manufacture. Also it is difficult to carry it (specially big calibration panels). maintenance is difficult too. 

But Flexscanner use a simple flat Chessboard for calibration. Its calibration takes longer but I think it is more reliable and accurate. Also Flex calculate Max&Min Object-Camera distance automatically.

- Free Alignment using Portion of Scan: Flex allow user to select a portion of a scan to rough align scans. David users use a similar method; they get a copy of a scan and remove unwanted regions from copy and ...

I hope Hp Can Make this Enhancements for its user. 

Regards.

Highlighted
Intern
Message 2 of 2 (114 Views)

Re: David Enhancement Request

While I agree I'd like something simpler than the calibration corner (by simpler I mean something that doesn't need to be as exacting) the David calibration is much simpler and faster than the HDi. I've used a bunch of other scanners and I  see what David did by making the calibration the way they did. I also agree that calibration in David needs to be a bit more robust. Hopefully when they get the OptomizedualCamera setting working (it still isn't in 5.1 and I'll post more on that later today), David will be better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation