Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 3d scanning software
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. A Week ago, I purchased the new HP 3d scanning software through a resseller here in South Africa. (RAPID 3D).

I was told that I would recieve my Liscence within 2 days.

I have been waiting for a week now and still nothing. 

The Resseller tells me ther is nothing he can do to help me and that HP have not worked out how they are going to sell the new sftware yet. They will let me know when they are ready.

I must point out that I asked for and got a quote from the resseller for the V5 software and promptly paid the full amount owing.

Has any one else tried to buy the new HP version of the David 5 software yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Great News!. I appreciate  your concern and assistance.

Thank you for keeping me informed.

Best Regards,

Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

V5 software comes on the USB Stick with license file on it. Have you purchase that online or in the store?

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Hi dnrdadoo.

Thanks for replying so soon.

I purchased the software from a registered resseller here in South Africa.    (Rapid 3D)    http://rapid3d.co.za/3d-printer/hp-3d-structured-light-scanner-pro-s2/

But was told that HP was rebranding and not ready to sell the software.

This was after I had paid the resseller the full price.

Do you know if this is correct?

HP Recommended

Want to reach out and check if you received your Software v5 yet?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the concern.

I still have not heard a word about what is happening with my purchase.

I  asked my resseller to try to get me a temporary liscence from HP but no reply.

Pretty unacceptable really.

HP Recommended

I just got news that the SW has been shipped to your country.  Hope that you will receive soon.

Otherwise, please let me know.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Great News!. I appreciate  your concern and assistance.

Thank you for keeping me informed.

Best Regards,

Greg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.