Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Not Fine Edges.jpg

Hi. As it can be seen in the above screenshot, the edges of my scans are not good. Meanwhile sometimes these bad edges will be remained after fusing. Dose any one know the reason and the solution?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Can you give us more details about your setup please?

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Hi
Camera: Modified Logitech C600 with 12mm lens (CCTV F1/3")

Projector: Sharp, DLP,   Colorwhile is removed.

Software: David 5

151mm Calibration Panel.

HP Recommended

Do you have problems just with the edges or with the alignment too? If only edges are problem, then you can use the option "Shrink Scan Borders" (right click on the scan name in the list of scans).

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.
Thank you for your reply.
I've test "Shrink Border", But it don't have very effective improvement.
I'm not sure about my alignments. I think I have problem with it too.  My scans don't align very accurately.
can you guide me more.
Can it be because of bad calibration?  Or Bad Calibration Panel?

HP Recommended

I see that you have 151mm calibration panel, so it is custom made, try to measure angle between panels, it has to be 90 degrees. Are you using projector in native resolution? Are the cam and projector synced?  

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes Calibration Panel is made by myself. it is not so accurate 90 degree (maybe +-0.4 deg ). Also I've print the panel pattern using an usual official printer, and so 151mm dimension is not accurately the same on the right and left side. I've test several desktop printer, all of them shrink the patterns for some 0.1mm. (on my current panel difference in 151mm on left and right is about 0.29mm).
Do you have any Idea to make our own accurate Calibration Panel?

Projector is working in its native resolution.

But Camera C600, is working on 1280*1024 at 10 FPS. and exposure time is 1/60 S. Also in my Camera Setting "Anti Flicker" is On and set for 60 HZ.

what about lens? is it a good lens?  Glass 12mm  F1/3 from a CCTV
Also I think the center of my lens is not accurately at the center of Camera Sensor Chip? Can it cause any Problem?

Regards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.