Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 (10175 Views)
Top Student
aperkins
Message 1 of 6 (10,175 Views)

Android 4.2.2 or 4.3

Was wondering what the plans were for Android OS updates (4.2.2 or 4.3) and if there is a timeframe for these updates? Would be nice to see HP working closely with Google to push out ota OS updates ASAP, this would help differentiate HP products (faster updates) from other manufacturers that built their own user interface on top of Android. Would also be nice if future products launched with the latest version of Android OS already installed.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (10,163 Views)

Re: Android 4.2.2 or 4.3

aperkins wrote:

.... Would also be nice if future products launched with the latest version of Android OS already installed.

Hi,

Here they come:

http://www.androidauthority.com/hp-brave-smartphone-244504/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
culcha
Message 3 of 6 (10,103 Views)

I too would like to know when/if I can expect an update for my Slate 7.  I can run MLB At Bat on everything else I own (PC, iPhone, TV, Roku, DVD Players).  But I can't run it on my Slate 7 because the Slate 7 doesn't run Android 4.2.2!  There are several additional apps I can't load on my Slate 7 because they also require a newer Android OS.

I've been waiting 4 months for an update.  Unfortunately, the product return window has long passed.

Half way through the baseball season, hoping I'll be able to use my Slate 7 for MLB At Bat before opening day of the 2014 season...

Dean
WyreNut
Message 4 of 6 (10,083 Views)

culcha wrote:

I too would like to know when/if I can expect an update for my Slate 7.  I can run MLB At Bat on everything else I own (PC, iPhone, TV, Roku, DVD Players).  But I can't run it on my Slate 7 because the Slate 7 doesn't run Android 4.2.2!  There are several additional apps I can't load on my Slate 7 because they also require a newer Android OS.

Just an FYI, the program downloaded just fine to my TouchPad running ICS - Android 4.0.4.....

The problem derives from the app requiring the ability to read the GPS fix for location service.  The Slate7 has no GPS chip in it due to the fact it's an entry-level model.

I know this doesn't fix your issue, just wanted you to be informed.

There may be a way to "side load" the app. Please see this thread for details:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android-Tablets-e-g-HP-Slate-7/Apps-like-Instagram-not-compatible-in-Sl...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
GoHP
Message 5 of 6 (2,612 Views)

HP needs to understand that if they want us to invest in their products, they need to commit to at least 3 years of support and upgrades... Or at least make it easy for us to upgrade ourselves. In this day of throw away everything, and a poor economy, when customers buy a product they don't want it obsolete the day after. Worst case at least offer a low cost sw maintenance program to pay for the few resources required to update the SW for the 3 year period to offset their expense.

NOTE: us hackers can figure out how to update the machines in a short time with one ot two people, I would think that HP can do it even easier given all their resources.   Spread the word that customers want products with at least a limited life cycle...(not just days).

Student
7avo
Message 6 of 6 (1,284 Views)

Well? Would someone from Hp respond? What about updates? otg support? General support? anything? no?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation