Question

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 1 of 4 (3,073 Views)

Case or cover for the Slate 7

[ Edited ]

All my gadgets must have a case.  I'm looking for a Slate 7 case as close as possible to the simple case that HP sold for the TouchPad, i.e. basic protection which doubles as a stand and allows access to all functions.  All of the cases/covers I have seen so far in stores either don't quite fit, or don't allow unfettered access to all of the Slate 7's ports, buttons, and cameras.

So, I have one of these on order.

Edit: user review of the above-linked cover:

The case arrive yesterday, direct from Hong Kong.

• Construction is good, and well-fitted to the Slate 7.  All buttons and ports are accessible.
  • The case effectively doubles the thickness of the Slate 7 when installed.
  • It comes with a pen.  The top of the pen is a soft rubber "bulb" which lets you use it on-sceen itead).  It does work, tho I'm not sure how useful it is.  Plus the pen slides out of the elastic holder cuz it is too slim.
  • The case opens like a book and folds back flat. There are completely invisible magnetic catches which help keep the cover closed.
  • The stand function is used by tucking the edge of the open case into a flap which is sewn into the back of the case.  it works better after a little bit of use.  But my complaint here is that the flap does not hold the cover in very tightly (it's just a friction fit).  If u move or bump the Slate while in the "stand", it can easily un-stand itself.  A tiny but of Velcro here would help hold the stand together.

Any others you all try out, feel free to post your reviews.

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Slate 7 at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.

_______
smkranz
I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 2 of 4 (3,053 Views)

Re: Case or cover for the Slate 7

This one looks like it might be a decent one, it provides multiple angles for the tablet, seems to have all of the ports open as well. Although as you say it doesnt look like its as form fitting as some cases for other devices.

http://www.amazon.com/i-UniK-Slate-Tablet-Mutli-Angles-Standing/dp/B00B5KS2FY

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Intern
mjhuffer
Message 3 of 4 (3,044 Views)

I'm really waiting for a good TPU case to be produced. I keep checking Amazon and Ebay every day but so far no good. Havn't really had luck with screen protectors either.

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
Teacher
rsquirrel44
Message 4 of 4 (2,812 Views)

smkranz, how is your case? I ordered the same one from ebay but it hasn't arrived yet.

I also ordered screen protectors, which arrived today. When I unboxed the Slate 7 I found out it already had a screen protector on it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation