Changing Proxy Settings (613 Views)
Student
kenshin123
Message 1 of 2 (613 Views)

Changing Proxy Settings

I find that I can connect to wifi networks that require passwords and to unsecured networks that do not require a proxy server. For the latter, clicking on the wifi network allows me to change the advanced settings.

However, for unsecured wifi networks, I can't change the advanced settings - there's no option for me to do so. Hence, I am also unable to change the proxy settings.

Could this be an issue with my OS? I have an HP Slate 7 with Jellybean. Should I have my OS updated perhaps?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (582 Views)

Re: Changing Proxy Settings

Based on the description, it sounds like you need to use a proxy server on an unsecured network.

There is a paid app in the Play Store that can be found here and redirects any web traffic to the proxy server settings in the app itself.  This would work for this scenario since Android 4.1 is not allowing a proxy to be set for an unsecured network.  This app is jut an example as I'm certain there are others out there such as this one.

As a note, I did connect a Slate 7 using software version 1.05.7 and was able to set a proxy on an unsecured network.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation