Expandable Memory - SD Card (3775 Views)
Honor Student
MazQ
Message 1 of 8 (3,775 Views)
Accepted Solution

Expandable Memory - SD Card

Your product bio outlines that the memory for the Slate 7 is expandable via -

• Supports MicroSD Card Expandable Memory 

Are there any specific specifications in regards to the SD card?

ie, does it need to be a particular Class?  (I understand that Class 10 is latest technology)

also, if the SD card is an SDHC type card (again, also latest technology) will this work in the device?

I am looking at buying a 32gb micro SD card but want to ensure I am buying the correct product that will provide optimal functionality.  (Example product description - "

Samsung 32GB Genuine micro SD SDHC class 10 Full HD Vid 32G memory card microSD"

Can this be used in the Slate 7?

Please advise.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 8 (3,768 Views)

Re: Expandable Memory - SD Card

Hi,

32 Gb is the supported number and you can try Class 10.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Intern
mjhuffer
Message 3 of 8 (3,741 Views)

You can actually fit a 64gb micro sd card in the Slate 7. Look at my post in the thread here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android-Tablets-e-g-HP-Slate-7/micro-SD-card/td-p/2637395

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
Honor Student
MazQ
Message 4 of 8 (3,695 Views)

Thanks.  I had already read your post; but i basically wanted HP to respond with a more "descriptive" answer.

Yes, the device takes a 32mb micro SD card, but there are a multitude of classes (once you start looking).  Their blog is not specific as to which will work best (SD or SDHC).

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 5 of 8 (3,651 Views)

I understand you want to know what type of MicroSD card will work best in your Slate 7.

The specifications indicate that it supports MicroSD, but it doesn't get any more specific than that.  I can confirm that SDHC cards do work, at least my SDHC card worked without issue, in the Slate 7.  SDHC is the better format to use if you are using apps from the card or just want to have a faster read/write speed.  

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
mataan
Message 6 of 8 (3,520 Views)

my labtop is not reading my sanddisc sdhc 32g micro sd?

Honor Student
hpfan2013
Message 7 of 8 (3,000 Views)

Thanks for the info. I am currently in the process of trying to get my new 64 micro SD card to work with my Slate.  Will update.  

Honor Student
hpfan2013
Message 8 of 8 (2,993 Views)

would you please be so kind and explain the process of making a 64 micro SD card adaptable to the HP slate 16 GB? thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation