HP 7 1800 - forgot pattern lock (1305 Views)
Honor Student
paytonvanderlee
Message 1 of 4 (1,305 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 7 1800 - forgot pattern lock

I bought an HP 7 1800 at the beginning of December for my daughters birthday. She put in a pattern lock to keep her siblings out of her tablet. She says she knows the pattern, but it never worded (kids, smh, she said it had 9 points, and she made it into a 2, or a backwords S). Anyway, she tells me that the pattern lock came up like 5 times, but after that it reverted to telling her to use her google account to sign in. That didn't work either. When she tries to sign in for the google account sign-in and clicks done (submit), it reverts back to telling her to put in her email and password again, over and over, etc, like it's either wrong or just not working. I tried myself, and even went into her google account using the same info, and I got in to her google account, but not her tablet. Her google account says that "HP 7 Grants access to apps on this Android device".

What can I do now to get access to her tablet?

If my only option is to do a factory reset, how would I go about saving her paid apps? In her google account it has a "My Apps" section which shows the apps she put on her device (also some that she put on her Ipod). In her emails however, she only has the receipts to 3 of the 6 apps she bought for her tablet in her email messages. 

I'm a total n00b when it comes to all this app stuff, so any information on helping her recover her tablet and apps would be hugely appreciated.

Dean
WyreNut
Message 2 of 4 (1,299 Views)

Re: HP 7 1800 - forgot pattern lock

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

It does look like you will have to do a Factory Reset, but don't worry about the apps.  The Play Store has her registered with the paid apps, and they will be available for free download again when she logs back into the device.

I have done resets, and purchased new Android devices, and all my paid-for apps reappeared!   :-)    You won't need receipts.

Instructions for doing the reset can be found here.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
paytonvanderlee
Message 3 of 4 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you, WyreNut. Worked just as you said. When I went to "My Apps" they immediately started downloading everything. You made my little girl happy. I told her that her next Google Play card is to be donated to you, lol.

Dean
WyreNut
Message 4 of 4 (1,288 Views)

Happy to help, thanks for reporting back!  :-) 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation