Question

Tutor
Sky4545
Message 1 of 88 (25,259 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Slate 7 2800 - NOT CHARGING

For the last few days my HP Slate 7 2800 has not charged at all.

I noticed about a week ago that connection between the tablet and cable was loose and would easily detach. But although it was loose it would charge.

Now, it does not charge at all. I have tried several different micro usb cables connected to the wall adapter or to a computer or laptop to no avail. I have checked the micro usb port for lint or dust but it is perfectly clean. I tried several micro usb cables and none have made a difference. I have never dropped my tablet nor has it come in contact with water or any liquid. I used to charge my tablet on a daily basis and took good care of it.

I would like to know if HP can fix it or if I can do it on my own. My tablet is only two months old.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 88 (25,249 Views)

Re: HP Slate 7 2800 - NOT CHARGING

Hello Sky4545, Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I suggest you contact HP directly.  There is a chat icon immediately to the right of the Search box at the top right of this page.  

Clicking it will give you several ways to contact HP.

It sounds to me like the charging port may be damaged on the device.   :smileysad:

Does it still power on?  Have you tried resetting the device by powering completely off, then back on?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Noha
Message 3 of 88 (25,224 Views)

I order my hp slate throught the internet and it was delivered to me on Sunday, August 4th. Today, August 7th I was trying to charge it as the battery was empty and got a message saying that I need to connect my tablet to a charger. I checked the calbe and it was connected properly to the tablet and the power source. Now my tablet is completely dead. How can I get it fixed.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 88 (25,219 Views)

Hello noha, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried holding the power button for 8 - 10 seconds or until the HP logo appears?  

I'd suggest trying another micro-USB cable attached to the power block.  If you have a similar one used on another device (cell phone, etc.) try it for a few hours and see if it comes back to life.

If it proves to be the cable, HP will replace it for free.

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Noha
Message 5 of 88 (25,210 Views)

Hello WyreNut,

I tried another cable (my BB Curve cable) yesterday but it didn't help. The issue might be due to the heat as I live in Cairo or because I didn't press the power button for enough time. This morning my slate 7 is working without any issues. Thanks a lot mate.

Top Student
Tgilbert87
Message 6 of 88 (24,647 Views)

So i see i am not the only one having this issue. My Slate 7 2800 series isnt charging either. Received mine on July 5th as an anniversary gift right before i deployed, it started acting up early august like maybe the first week but with the charging cord. Swapped out the cord, checked good. At the end of august it would not charge, so i bought another cord and it worked fine for a few weeks. Like a week before i had to buy a new charging cord i had to angle the charging cord just a bit to charge it and now for the last two days it will not charge at all. Any idea on what the fix might be? If it is the charging port...what is the possibility of HP sending me one? I wont be back in the US anytime soon since i am currently deployed

Thanks for your time

Provost
WyreNut
Message 7 of 88 (24,638 Views)

Tgilbert87 wrote:

So i see i am not the only one having this issue. My Slate 7 2800 series isnt charging either. Received mine on July 5th as an anniversary gift right before i deployed, it started acting up early august like maybe the first week but with the charging cord. Swapped out the cord, checked good. At the end of august it would not charge, so i bought another cord and it worked fine for a few weeks. Like a week before i had to buy a new charging cord i had to angle the charging cord just a bit to charge it and now for the last two days it will not charge at all. Any idea on what the fix might be? If it is the charging port...what is the possibility of HP sending me one? I wont be back in the US anytime soon since i am currently deployed

Thanks for your time

Hello Tgilbert87, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

That decision will have to be made by HP.  Most of us here are volunteer, non-HP employees, others work for HP but are here on their own time.

It sounds like the charging port is damaged.  HP may or may not cover it.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

Good luck!  Thanks for your service to the US of A!  :smileyhappy:

WyreNut

Honor Student
AmazinglyGrande
Message 8 of 88 (24,298 Views)

My tablet is only 2 months old as well, and my charger was fine, but soon my tablet started having trouble charging, and i noticed the wires on the charger were a little loose, and i would have to move the usb cable around to get it to work, but now it wont charge at all and ive tried an amazon tablet charger, and other android chargers, but it wont charge at all. my tablet is dead and i need it ASAP. 

Retired
Chrizzy2013
Message 9 of 88 (24,264 Views)

Hello AmazinglyGrande,

Please follow the steps in this document, they should be able to guide you in the right direction.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Top Student
Tgilbert87
Message 10 of 88 (23,934 Views)

If you work on behalf of HP can you varify if HP can sell the charging port for the HP slate 7 2800 series tablet? On the HP parts store shows this P/N 729741-001. Is this part the actual part number for it? I seem to have trouble finding it and when i try to contact HP i cant find the product name. From the HP 7 Tablet manual it looks like it will be a ribbon connector similar to the ones you find in smart phones. The removal and install would be simple yet delicate. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation