Question

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 1 of 18 (26,694 Views)

HP Slate 7 2800 Tablet: Specs, Manual, how to docs and more

[ Edited ]

The HP Slate 7 is HP's new 7" Android Tablet running Jelly Bean 4.1.1. 

If you have any general questions about the HP Slate 7 Android Tablet and how it works, I would recommend first taking a look at the support page and F.A.Q. created specifically for this tablet. I have also included a link to the user manual.

HP Slate 7 2800 Tablet Support

Frequently Asked Questions About the HP Tablet (Android Jelly Bean)

User Guide - HP Slate 7 Android Tablet

The support page is a convenient page that can link you to pretty much anything you need to know about the HP Slate 7. It has product information, support documents, and how-to documents on basically everything that you can do on the HP Slate 7 tablet. The F.A.Q. includes answers to the most common questions when it comes to the HP Slate 7. It covers everything from surfing the internet, installing games and software, and even how to print from the tablet. 

Some of the Product Specifications for this Tablet Include:

• A 1.4GHz Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9 MP Core Processor
  • 1 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 8GB eMMC Mass Storage Memory
  • Supports MicroSD Card Expandable Memory 
  • 7" LCD Screen with Capacitive 5 Points Touch with a 1024 x 600 Resolution
  • IEEE 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth (2.1 EDR) Wireless Connectivity Options
  • Built-in Microphone with Echo Cancellation
  • Integrated Audio with Dual Stereo Speakers; Beats Audio Available through Headphone Channel
  • Rear 3 MP Camera; Front 0.3 MP Web Cam
  • Charges using a Micro USB Cable

For a complete list of product specifications, I have included a link below that will open the full product specifications up in a new window. 

HP Slate 7 2800 Tablet Product Specifications

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
bubot
Message 2 of 18 (22,740 Views)

Re: HP Slate 7 2800 Tablet: Specs, Manual, how to docs and more

I cant even charge my tablet on my laptop. I know it canbe done but can someone explain why my laptop cannot recognise my HP Slate 7 2800.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 3 of 18 (22,604 Views)

Hello bubot.

Does it charge on AC power?

Are you using the USB cable that came with the tablet or another one?

Have you tried a different cable?

What about different USB ports?

Surprisingly, some USB ports and cables are incapable of charging devices.  This could be what is going on in your case.

Have a great day, I'll keep an eye out for your response!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Top Student
bubot
Message 4 of 18 (22,581 Views)

Yes it does surprisingly is picky on USB cable. Coz The original cable was left at home so i have a couple of em in the office, one works. Thanks for the reply.
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 5 of 18 (22,538 Views)

Hello again bubot.

Some USB based devices (especially smartphones and tablets) have a higher power requirement than others.  Also, USB ports don't deliver the full amount power possible.  So, this can lead to extremely slow charging times (or no charging at all).  I suggest keeping your AC adapter with you as often as possible.  My own smartphone (Motorola RAZR) can charge for an entire eight hour day on a USB port and not even regain full charge.  The Slate would likely take even longer.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
titantrigger
Message 6 of 18 (22,140 Views)

This Manual is Hardly useful.

It is too basic and fails to provide more detailed explanation on advanced usage.

HP needs to consider posting a HP Slate 7 Tutorial video clip of some sort.

eDTan
PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 7 of 18 (22,095 Views)

@titantrigger -- HP has posted a number of how-to videos for Slate 7. You might find HP Slate 7 Tablet - Features and Tips useful. Look for more Slate 7 videos in the same YouTube channel (howto4u).

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 8 of 18 (20,580 Views)

Student
dattaca
Message 9 of 18 (18,668 Views)

hola Amigos, tengo una pregunta, en las especificaciones de la HP slate 7 2800, nos indican que el procesador de doble nucleo es un ARM CORTEX A9 de 1.4 Ghz, pero en Colombia, se habla de que es un ARM CORTEX A9 de 1.6 Ghz, existe alguna referencia que posea este procesador o cual es el procesador real de la HP SLATE 7

Muchas gracias

Honor Student
danielgek
Message 10 of 18 (13,904 Views)

what about the kernel source ??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation