HP Slate 7 2800 is not recognised by my PC!. (1442 Views)
Student
Viv_C
Message 1 of 3 (1,442 Views)

HP Slate 7 2800 is not recognised by my PC!.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have recently bought HP slate 7 android version 4.1.1.

When i connected it to my PC(Windows XP),it says that it has been connected to the PC.But my PC is not able to recognise it (device driver not successfully installed).This happens when i go for the media transfer option ,but the other image transfer option is working fine.Could some one please help me.

Thanks,

Vivek

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (1,428 Views)

Re: HP Slate 7 2800 is not recognised by my PC!.

When you connect an Android device to a Windows 7 PC the only thing that is recognized by the PC is the external storage. That is because of the file system used by Andoid and it is Linux.

I am charging my Windows XP PC (my HP mini-210). When it charges up enough to connect to it I will be able to let you know how Windows XP sees an Android device. OK. Connecting my android device to the Windows XP mini required a driver for USB to be downloaded from Windows Update. My Android device is seen as usb mass storage.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Dean
WyreNut
Message 3 of 3 (1,410 Views)

Re: HP Slate 7 2800 is not recognised by my PC!.

Hello Viv_C, Welcome to the HP Support Community.

When I connect my Slate7 to my wife's XP computer, I see both "Internal Storage" and "SD Card".

No drivers were necessary.

I have found toggling the "USB Computer Connection" from "Media Device (MTP)" to "Camera (PTP)" often makes the device appear correctly.  I had to do this right now to see both sections of storage on the device.

This setting is found here:

Settings/Storage/Option icon in the top right corner (looks like 3 blocks stacked vertically)/USB computer connection.

Be sure to connect the Slate7 to a USB port on the computer itself, not a hub.

I connected mine, nothing happened.  I unplugged it, changed the setting to Camera (PTP), and plugged back in.  It showedup as a Camera, with the DCIM folders available.

I unplugged it, changed back to Media Device (MTP), plugged back into the computer and Voila!  Both sections appeared.  :smileyhappy:

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation