Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sadface2 said: "Hi @COWA why are you releasing Android 4.4 now, when it was already superceded by Android 5.0 over eight months ago?"

@Sadface2 - HP hasn't shown themselves to be on top of the Android development cycle.

HP Recommended

Good question!

I have been asking myself the same and can`t figure out why they are so lazy. Perhaps they just want us to upgrade the product to the pro version and trash this one.

What I did to try to bypass HP here was to install Nova launcher and set up lollipop features. It worked like a charm. I also found a workaround to root the device with Kingroot/Kinguser. All worked fine until I tried to do a factory reset (had unistalled a core apk that I wanted back) via menu+vol-.  The machine now can boot into the bootloader, starts the factory reset wizard just fine but then when selecting the option WIFI/Ethernet .."wait a sec..." on screen and then, after a minute or two, it aborts the setup with prompt  "Unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped".

Perhaps HP has found a way to get back at me!  .. Am I paranoid?  ...mmmm...

HP Recommended

I've also been having the "verification failed" error message when trying to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4. 

As the machine was still under warranty i raised a support case with HP. 

After going through the usual "have you tried a factory reset" etc with no success they have just sent me a replacement machine.

It arrived still running 4.3 but downloaded and installed the 4.4 update with no problems.

I re-tried my original machine but it failed again - it is now on it's way back to HP.

Maybe they will figure out what is causing it to fail and make a patch available (long shot).

I also asked them when lollipop would be available (even longer shot)

HP Recommended

Marshmallow is out end of October / early  November (according to rumours). If only they would adopt the AOSP way and release the vendor files so we can update it ourselves since HP is splitting and their lack-lustre support is going to get worse and any chance of upgrades will be south of zero.

HP Recommended

We have android Lollipop running on the Slate 21. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62592241&postcount=192 unfortunately not the Pro version yet, but in due time it will come. I plan on bringing L to other HP device such as Slatebook X2 and Slatebook 14 as well. I haven't been able to get HP to release the kernel source for either slate 21 version, so that's a minor setback as well.

HP Recommended

UnjustifiedDev - You are my hero.

HP Recommended

I haven't seen any actual solutions in this discusion board besides a factory data reset. I tried that and updated everthing in the google play store and then attempted the update again, but the "verification failed" happened once again. Why is there not a manual download of this update? Lame!!

HP Recommended
HP are a joke and have no interest in supporting older models, I've given up expecting an update to this device which is now an overpriced monitor
HP Recommended
Hi!, poonab: Welcome, to Forum !. You needed wait for the new version od your tablet. HP, is invent, but before to active new version, have many times of checking. If you have problem for copy, move, edit, delete, etc ... data to thirty parts (SD, HD, etc ...), you can solve this, if see, my post, from ... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android-Tablets-e-g-HP-Slate-7/Solution-for-transfer-copy-delete-read-i...
Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Agree, this product is horrible, and flawed.  This is why I will not purchase another HP product, ever again.  Now, to put things into perspective:  I have purchased over 65 laptops in my life, spent over $50,000 on desktops in 20 years, and am not shy spending money on technology. HP will get zilch! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.