Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I see postings about issues on the HP Slate 21 with issues relating to WiFi 5 ghz with 4.4.2... I just purchased for Christmans a Slate 21 Pro and it is down at Jelly Bean 4.2?  I don't see a HP supported migration path?

Can anyone Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

A KitKat update for Slate 21 Pro was released last week.  As the release is done in stages it may not be available to you yet, but should become available sometime over the next few weeks.

Regards,

COWA

HP Employee

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Updates arrive via "OTA" - Over The Air.  Your device should be notified by HP's servers when an update is available.

With the recent one causing some problems, it may have been temporarily pulled.

Be advised - there are different models of Slate 21!  Not all of them may be receiving the same update.

You can manually check for any updates available by going to: Settings/About Tablet/System Update button.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Slate 21 Pro has not had a KitKat update.  

As nothing is set in stone I cn't comment on whether an update will be released or not.  Sorry I can't be specific.

Regards,

COWA

HP employee

HP Recommended

I understand that more recently manufactured Slate Pro 21s have been shipping with 4.4 pre-installed for some time now. There is even HP documentation talking about 4.4 on the 21 pro:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04423207&sp4ts.oid=6629108

It seems strange to me that if they are being shipped from the factory with 4.4, that there is no official plan for a 4.4 OTA for devices with older software. I had assumed that one would be forthcoming since 4.4 already exists for the 21 pro.

If an update is not likely, I need to seriously consider returning the machine since I recently purchased it. The native printing support in 4.4 is important to me.

HP Recommended

Microsoft Office for Anroid requires KitKat 4.4 to run. It will be really surprising to see business oriented Pro slate cannot run Office.

HP Recommended

I'm very curious about this as well 🙂

HP Recommended

I would really like an update. 4.4 minimum
Otherwise voice activation is next to useless.

HP Recommended

Add me to the list of users hoping for a 4.4 Kitkat update. Is it too much to hope for 5.0 Lollipop?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please advice if there is an area within HP's website that shows the OTA update schedule. I see many posts about o/s updating to kitkat, but my device says there is no update and I am on latest software.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@BharathNayak wrote:

Hi,

Can you please advice if there is an area within HP's website that shows the OTA update schedule. I see many posts about o/s updating to kitkat, but my device says there is no update and I am on latest software.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no such website offered by HP.   😞

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.