HP Slatebook x2 Buyer's Remorse (833 Views)
Tutor
Iria
Message 1 of 9 (833 Views)

HP Slatebook x2 Buyer's Remorse

[ Edited ]

Ok, I am having extreme buyer's remorse.  I knew it had a custom charging port, but how the heck will I be able to find a USB cable to use with a standard charger or a car charger?  I've seen car chargers on Amazon.com but they have microUSB connectors.  Huh?  No way, there is no microUSB port on the Slatebook x2.

Also, how do I connect via cable for cabled actions?

Finally, I wanted to chat with t/s or email them.  Chat doesn't even have the option of the Slatebook x2.  Email does, but asks for serial number / model number which certainly isn't on the device anywhere.  Maybe in the OS?  If so, tell me, HP, tell me.

Top Student
adamw100
Message 2 of 9 (798 Views)

Re: HP Slatebook x2 Buyer's Remorse

I'm pretty you connect it using the full size USB port.  I haven't tried that on mine yet, but I'm sure that's the idea.  I'm also looking for a converter to make their charging port accept micro USB.  I'm thinking it may take a heavy duty charger due to the included charger.

Tutor
Iria
Message 3 of 9 (779 Views)

I figured that, too, but I figured a third-party GNote 10.1 charger might work.

Top Student
adamw100
Message 4 of 9 (770 Views)

i owned the note 10.1 once.  Pretty sure it had a different port than the slatebook.  But it would be great if i was wrong.

Tutor
Iria
Message 5 of 9 (769 Views)

HIlariously, HP support said they only worked on laptops and desktops and offered me a phone number to call ...

Tutor
Iria
Message 6 of 9 (733 Views)

No, I meant I hoped the charging block would work with a USB cable with the approp. connector.
Honor Student
mixerabc
Message 7 of 9 (581 Views)

Transfer the huge size files also very difficult. The speed is so tslow to transfer with wifi or USB flash drive. I really need to connect to pc and also can't root without pc.
Intern
asomicait
Message 8 of 9 (541 Views)

The use of a proprietary charger is definitely a shortcoming, but one of the things I like about the convertible format is that the combined battery can last me all day. I dislike lugging a power adapter *and* my portable whatever with me everywhere.

There is also a very real reason for it - charging via a micro-usb port would be very time consuming.

I do wish that HP would promote the power adapter to being an "accessory" rather than a "part". I probably would have ordered a second one with my original purchase if they had.

Top Student
kapil61
Message 9 of 9 (448 Views)

Serial number is very hard to find on this tablet but look at the bottom of the tablet right of the headphone jack port. 

Dude sorry to say you bought the wrong tablet. I am also a victim. Bought the tablet in hope as the company said that it will give 14 hrs of battery back up as it its only giving me around 3 to 4 hrs of battery life. Screen quailty is also very poor. W hite's look like cream. Colour reproduction is also very poor.In the sunlight with full brightness you can barely resd the text.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation