Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)

Help

[ Edited ]

I need help I can not log into the Slate 7 notebook. I have called and was tranferred to atleast 7 people. I need help. It is telling me to many trys to log in. I would like to change my password. My email address is [Edited for Personal Information]

Help. You may contact me at [Edited for Personal Information]

Tutor
Axis1
Message 2 of 3 (77 Views)

Try to factory reset of the tablet. You need to  download recovery image from HP support website, like update.zip file. Save file to sd card and folow instruction. You can find recovery instruction on same HP support page for your tablet model.

All your data will be erased, but if you are using google account for backup, most of you applications and data can be restored.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 3 of 3 (69 Views)

Axis1 wrote:

Try to factory reset of the tablet. You need to  download recovery image from HP support website, like update.zip file. Save file to sd card and folow instruction. You can find recovery instruction on same HP support page for your tablet model.

All your data will be erased, but if you are using google account for backup, most of you applications and data can be restored.

The recovery image is NOT NEEDED when performing a Factory Reset!  The update.zip file is for replacing a corrupt OS on the device.

@122855 We need to know which "Slate 7" is being referenced here!

Please view this Support Page that contains a video and instructions for a Factory Reset of the Slate 7 2800.  If 122855 is using another version of the Slate 7, then navigate to the correct page for your device.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation