Question

Top Student
Loni_B
Message 1 of 5 (3,835 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I get my slate 7 to recognize usb keyboard?

How can I get my slate 7 to reconize a little keyboard case that connects with a micro usb and not bluetooth? Is that usb port useless for anything but plugging in the charger? Thanks.

Top Student
zeeshanaayan07
Message 2 of 5 (3,822 Views)

Re: How can I get my slate 7 to recognize usb keyboard?

Please contant for the sale manager. He guide in explain

Top Student
Loni_B
Message 3 of 5 (3,804 Views)

Thanks for your answer but the sales manager is in another state, plus too much time has passed since I bought it,
Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 5 (3,798 Views)

The Slate7 is not capable of connecting to an external keyboard via USB.  

It does work very well with Bluetooth keyboards.  I use one a lot with my Slate7.

The USB port is for both charging, and connecting to a computer for syncing and file transfer.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Top Student
Loni_B
Message 5 of 5 (3,782 Views)

Yes, thank you, I know it will work with a bluetooth keyboard. I was hoping not to have to shell out the bucks necessary to buy one. It's annoying that HP could not have built the usb port to have that capacity, as well as not having an additional port for charging, both of which my cheap no-name tablet does have. I'm disappointed. I bought the Slate7 because of the front-facing camera, so at least it has that. Even connecting it to the computer is not that great because it does not give access to all the folders. The bluetooth function is nice to have but really slow going as far as transferring files to a computer. Thanks again for your message.
Loni_B
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation