Question

Top Student
Harry11
Message 1 of 5 (2,500 Views)

How can I set up an external keyboard to work with my hp slate 7 tablet?

I have tried in vain to set up an external keyboard to work with my tablet. This is not done automatically when I plug the keyboard into the tablet. Is there something wrong with my tablet or is there some procedure I have to follow?

Thank you.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (2,496 Views)

Re: How can I set up an external keyboard to work with my hp slate 7 tablet?

Hi,

Is it the one in the following list ?

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14107_na/14107_na.PDF

Which one is it ? They use Bluetooth therefore we have to setup like any BT devices. Please use the following instructions:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c03680501

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Harry11
Message 3 of 5 (2,487 Views)

Thank you. I thought it works with USB interface keyboard.
Top Student
Harry11
Message 4 of 5 (2,467 Views)

Someone told me the tablet works with USB keyboard too, like the ones of other brands which work with both USB and Bluetooth. Still trying hopelessly to figure out a way to get it working.

The reason is that I want to keep the old USB keyboard instead of buying a new bluetooth one which is expensive and has to be recharged periodically, and wasting the old USB one.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 5 of 5 (2,462 Views)

The entry-level Slate7 does not have "Master" capability on its USB port. It cannot support external USB devices.

It does work well with Bluetooth keyboards.  I've typed many responses with my ancient Palm Bluetooth Keyboard and Slate7.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation