Question

Student
aindriu2
Message 1 of 1 (481 Views)

Hp Slate 7 bootloader

Hi,

I want to be able to make my own update.zip or customise the one I can download and allow it to change some of the contents on my tablet. 

I tried modifying a small line of the latest update.zip, and unfortunately it won't work because the recovery on the bootloader says verification failed.

I suspect that the update.zip is signed or something, and I was wondering could I get the key to sign it? That would help me with what I want to do. So, my first question is a request to HP to offer us the key so we can sign our own update.zip and customise our updates ?

I also want to be able to load a new bootloader onto the device too if that is possible.

Fastboot with ABD tools does not work, and I was wondering did anyone else get it working?

I also was thinking is there a way to unlock the bootloader. I want to try some embedded programming, and was thinking of putting webos on it too -- hps open source OS.

I was just wondering, the bootloader seems to be the weakest link here. How can I find out more about the bootloader? Is it possible to change?

How do I go about that? 

I have been playing all day with trying to do this, but no success.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation