Hp slate 7 charging (4002 Views)
Honor Student
Suzie24
Message 1 of 13 (4,002 Views)

Hp slate 7 charging

I recently got an hp slate 7 as a birthday present about 1 month ago, recently i have been having issues charging the device . When the micro usb is pluged into the device it starts charging but if the tablet is moved even slightly it immediatly disconnects and stops charging.
The charger and cable check out ok, the problem seems to be within the device itself when the micro usb is plugged in it is very loose like the charging port has detatched from its mounting.
What should i do? Take it back to the shop or deal directly with HP
Thanks suzie
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 13 (3,983 Views)

Re: Hp slate 7 charging

Contact HP.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
OSPBiz
Message 3 of 13 (3,928 Views)

I have the same problem and i called HP yesterday and they told me because an External component "the charging cable" caused and Internal issue "the chargin gport" it is not covered under warranty and mine I bought in May and started having charging issues about a month in as well, but if you held it just right it charged.  The tech from India told me that i might have a broken pin on the charging port.  I explained the whole thing fell out from inside the machine.  HP will not repar my unit and I even paid extra for the extended warrandy.

HP product warranty results

The following information was returned for your product
Serial number 6CY318**** Product number e0h**** Warranty status Covered under warranty Warranty Category Factory Warranty Warranty end date 2014-06-10 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Tutor
dhphoto
Message 4 of 13 (3,921 Views)

This doesn't surprise me at all. HP customer support is woeful.

The only real answer is to avoid HP products, which is what I do now.

Honor Student
firescope3
Message 5 of 13 (3,873 Views)

I have contacted HP and they told me the same thing. They told me that I was the one who broke the charger and that is why it does not charge any more. They told me that they were going on good faith and send me another charger. It does the same thing; in fact the charger won’t even charge the device any more. I have not been able to use my tablet now for three weeks. I have to position the connector in a certain position in order to charge and if it is slightly moved it stops charging. That method doesn’t work any more as well. I need to know if there is a way of saving the data from applications. Is there a charging pad for the Slate 7?

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 6 of 13 (3,839 Views)

Hello firescope3. I would like you to watch this Youtube video as it contains information on your inquiry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLoMwRIIUViGT66ev6Mw-Cr5FCV6VTBTa8&v=gQdEV8o6tNk&feature=player_de...

In terms of a charging pad for the Slate 7; there is no such device. If you are having an issue with charging the device, you are looking at a hardware issue with the charger, battery or a prong on the tablet where you plug the charger in to. I would call HP at 1-855-785-2777 to see what options they have for you. Their hours are Monday to Friday 6:00am to 9:00pm and Saturday 8:00am to 4:30pm, Mountain time. Let me know if you have any further questions. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
firescope3
Message 7 of 13 (3,827 Views)

The information you left was very informative, Thank you for that. The only thing is that the tablet will not charge any more so I can not access it any more. My daughter had downloaded and app called Mine Craft.  She has created her own world in the game and what I need to know is how I save the data from the application. How can I transfer the data information from the game? I called HP and they said that in order for them to work on the product that they would need to wipe the information first. I need to save the data not just from that app but from many others as well. Please let me know what I can do. Thank you in advance.  

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 8 of 13 (3,807 Views)

If you are unable to start the Slate 7, then you won't be able to save the data. However, I found a link that may be able to assist you and provide you knowledge on your Mine Craft inquiry:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120913171116AApulri

Let me know if this helps.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
iiturkey
Message 9 of 13 (3,465 Views)

Don't worry. I also have the same problem. In my case, I always immobilize slate7 and cable with something heavy to keep them from moving during charging. Of course, it doesn't work sometimes. I think this issue is attributed to the design of slate7 main body, not cable. Because my wife uses the cable to charge her wireless keypad. (She is happy...) As you feel, the connection point on slate7 is very loose. We can't do anything on it. I'm sorry I don't have any solution.

Student
kimntim
Message 10 of 13 (1,810 Views)

I have the same charging issues with this product. You would tgink with so many of us haveing the same issue they would do something about it. I am contacting the BBB about this and filing a complaint with them. This is bull.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation