Question

Top Student
adrianalobo51
Message 1 of 38 (25,476 Views)
Accepted Solution

My Hp Slate Tablet Wont turn on HELP!

I recently bought a hp slate 7tablet  2 days ago and its not turning on.Like I put it to charge but it wont turn on .I tried putting it to charge in other outlet but nothing happens .I know for sure the outlets work becaues my mom charges her phone in all outlet I tried in.PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO TURN IT ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 38 (25,471 Views)

Re: My Hp Slate Tablet Wont turn on HELP!

Hello adrianalobo51, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try holding the power switch pressed for 10 - 20 seconds until you see the HP logo, then release.

If you continue to have problems, let us know, we'll try something more drastic.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Student
scrisafulli
Message 3 of 38 (25,459 Views)

having the same problem but mine at least goes to the reboot but then you can't choose anthing else on the menu and then you push the power button to do the reboot because thats all it will let you do , then it goes dark and nothing. can you help?

just bought this about 2 days ago. it did ask for a update and was doing that before I had this problem , but I don't know if it ever finished. 

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 38 (25,441 Views)

scrisafulli wrote:

having the same problem but mine at least goes to the reboot but then you can't choose anthing else on the menu and then you push the power button to do the reboot because thats all it will let you do , then it goes dark and nothing. can you help?

just bought this about 2 days ago. it did ask for a update and was doing that before I had this problem , but I don't know if it ever finished. 

Might want to try some of the suggestions on the support pages for the device. 

Is the device fully charged?

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
torydawson
Message 5 of 38 (25,142 Views)

Mine is doing the same exact thing. I'm freaking out I have had it since Friday. I've put it in all the outlets to charge it and nothing is working. I've tried holding the power button but nothing happens. Please help me!

Provost
WyreNut
Message 6 of 38 (25,135 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try holding power, volume UP, and volume DOWN all pressed at the same time for about 20 seconds (or until you see a menu appear).

If you get the menu, navigate using the volume rocker switch then select "Reboot".  See if the tablet starts normally.

Also, if you have another micro-USB cable handy, try using it with the charger that came with the Slate7.  It's possible the original cable may have been damaged.  Do not use a cell phone charger as they are not capable of supplying enough "juice" for the Slate7.

WyreNut

Student
mutanu
Message 7 of 38 (25,051 Views)

I am having the same problem.  Just purchased the Slate 7 and it will not start up.  Very dissapointed. returning this item.

Student
Mercenario21
Message 8 of 38 (24,158 Views)

i have the same problem but it that my tablet won't charge and i try with a different charges.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 9 of 38 (24,038 Views)

Hi Mercenario21,

I understand your Slate Tablet will not charge. If you follow the document it will show you some options to assist with this.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03678342&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5376605&tmp...

Or this document will show how to restore factory setting that might have changed.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03678325&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5376605&tmp...

Hope this works.

Let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
zaidrpm
Message 10 of 38 (23,971 Views)

I think you should master reset your tab.see youtube on how to do this
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation