Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have iPad with HP ePrint installed. I can't print password protected pdf on it but I can use HP ePrint on my Android HTC phone to print. How can I solve this?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Solution: send files to HTC phone to print. iPad will always detect password protected and won't print, no crack. I don't know how HTC (or Android) can do this.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Just to reitereate this, password protected PDFs are not supported by the ePrint service.  See this for more info.

PDF attachments did not print

If a PDF attachment did not print, it may be due to one of the following reasons:

• The PDF is a secure file.
    Secure PDFs provide restricted access to the file by requiring a password to view the content or by restricting certain features such as printing and editing.
    Solution: Ask the author for a non-secure version that can be printed.
  • The PDF was created with an application that was released before 2003.
    Solution: Open the PDF file in a newer version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat, then save the file. If you are unable to save the file, ask the author for a version that was created using an updated application.

If a password protected PDF is printing through ePrint from the Androlid device, I'm not certain how it is working as it shouldn't work.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Your solution defeats the entire purpose of the HP ePrint application. Might as well go to a PC and print the document.

This is a newly arisen bug that HP needs to fix or the HP ePrint application will soon be thrown on the garbage heap of once useful, now useless applications.

It was a nice app. For now it's toast.

Hardly an "expert" solution.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.