Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have downloaded all the official roms for hp slate 7 voice tab avialable on hp driver and downloads website....but none of the roms worked when i tried to flash it from sd card recovery option....The first rom android

Google Android Jelly Bean Restore Image for HP Slate 7 VoiceTab
While trying to restore this system image i got an message "cant install over a newer build"

so i tried Google Android KitKat Restore Image for HP Slate 7 VoiceTab - South East Asia
and it gave me an message "almond "

i even tired Google Android KitKat Restore Image for Slate 7 VoiceTab - Europe, Middle-East and Africa (with preinstalled Amazon Apps)
so far no luck...

please help hp guys....

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hey @Thrinlex ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're experiencing issues doing a recovery on your Slate 7 Voice Tab.

Just to ensure you are taking the proper steps to recover please review the steps below.

Please try the following.

1. Download the update.zip for your device and copy the file to the root directory of an empty micro-SD card (at least 1 GB, FAT 32 format). Do not unzip this file. You can find the update.zip for your device here: HP - Drivers & Downloads.

NOTE: You will need the exact model number to locate the correct package. There are multiple update.zip recovery images available. Ensure you select the correct download for your region. If your tablet does not boot after attempting to update you may need to try both the KitKat and JellyBean images. For information on finding your product or model number click here: Finding Your HP Product Model Number.

2. Fully charge the tablet and then disconnect the power from the device.

3. Power off the device.

If your tablets micro-SD slot is on the side or bottom of your tablet skip to step 5.

4a. Place the tablet on a flat surface, display panel side down, with the release notch towards you.

NOTE: Before positioning the tablet with the display panel facing down, make sure the work surface is clear of any foreign objects. Failure to follow this caution can result in damage to the display panel assembly.

4b. Remove the back cover. Use the release notch to remove the back cover.

4c. Insert the micro-SD memory card into the reader slot.

4d. Reverse the procedure detailed above to install the back cover and continue to step 6.

5. Insert the micro-SD card into the micro-SD card reader.

6. Press and hold the volume up button and power button at the same time.

7. When the HP logo appears on the screen, release all the buttons.

8. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the volume down button to highlight "apply update from external storage".

9. Press the power button to validate "apply update from external storage".

10. Use the volume down button to highlight the software recovery file, update.zip.

11. Press the power button to select the update.zip file and launch the recovery.

NOTE: Wait until the entire recovery process finishes. The device might seem unresponsive at times (multiple reboots and black screens) when it is performing the update.

If this does not resolve the issue please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the following link to get the support number for your region: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I have tried all the solutions mentioned above....
There are bugs in the update.zip packages....
please try reveiwing the updates and fix those bugs...
I want the Original Factory Rom for hp slate 7 voice tab which i cannot find any where...this update.zip are not the original factory rom they are updates developed from hp in california....
please can any one help
HP Recommended

Same problem with me .. tried downloading all the 5 updates, but all of them are ending up.. giving an error .. HP Slate7 Voicetab 6102ra INDIA

HP Recommended

can't install this package (tue dec 16 17:21:21 cst 2014 over newer build(wed mar 11 10:36:13cst 2015)

HP Recommended

Hi!, Thrinlex:

Please, check for your exactly model, of tablet and download, the update.zip, for install ... http://support.hp.com/id-en/drivers/selfservice/identify?q=HP+Slate+7+VoiceTab&tool=s-002

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

I have tried all downloading all the  updates but this error occcured     can't install this package (tue dec 16 17:21:21 cst 2014 over newer build(wed mar 11 10:36:13cst 2015)

HP Recommended

Hi!, aqeel8403:

You can call, to HP Support Asistance, more near, your home, from ... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android-Tablets-e-g-HP-Slate-7/Phone-Assistance-in-the-world/td-p/50380...

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
HP Recommended
hi i have same problem and same error issue. any one can help us to solve this problem .? or any one from hp gives us a method to fix this problem.. pls help my tab now is not working
HP Recommended

Hi!, maricor:

[Content Removed]

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.