Question

Honor Student
PikeBishop
Message 1 of 5 (573 Views)
Accepted Solution

Slate 7 won't power up

I brought a Slate 7 2800 about a month ago, using the same power usb plug adaptors and cable that came with the device but since last week it won't power up - tried different cables and plugs without luck. Is there anything else i can try before ring support?

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 5 (556 Views)

Re: Slate 7 won't power up

Hello PikeBishop, Welcome to the HP Support Forum!

Have you tried hard rebooting the device using the various button press combinations?

1. Press and hold the power button for around 10 seconds until the HP logo appears.

2. If #1 didn't work, try pressing power, volume up, and volume down all at the same time until a text menu appears.  Navigate with the volume rocker, and select with the power switch.  Choose the "reboot device" option.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
PikeBishop
Message 3 of 5 (550 Views)

Thanks Yep i've tried all of that but it's unresponsive like it's just out of juice. i've tried multiple different cables to plugs or PC. still the same issue..

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 5 (536 Views)

Sounds like it's time to contact HP about repair/replacement.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
PikeBishop
Message 5 of 5 (510 Views)

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation