Slate 8 Pro update shcedule for Android 4.4 (KitKat) (1334 Views)
Top Student
Phoenix_Hawk
Message 1 of 4 (1,334 Views)

Slate 8 Pro update shcedule for Android 4.4 (KitKat)

Just got my Slate 8 Pro a couple weeks ago and frankly I love it.  HP you did great job with this tablet!

I was wondering when the update for Android 4.4 will be coming.  I assume since this is one of HP's newest Tegra 4 Tablets it's surely going to get the update to KiKat.

Thanks

Honor Student
CS74
Message 2 of 4 (826 Views)

Re: Slate 8 Pro update shcedule for Android 4.4 (KitKat)

Any news concering the update schedule?

In my opinion a PRO tablet should get a state of the art OS, in this case at least Android 4.3.
Top Student
Phoenix_Hawk
Message 3 of 4 (810 Views)

CS74 wrote:
Any news concering the update schedule?

In my opinion a PRO tablet should get a state of the art OS, in this case at least Android 4.3.

HP hasn't said a peep about this topic at all which is really disappointing.  I called the Tech Support folks and got someone in India I believe.  They were only able to give me the canned corporate response.  "Go to the Settings and then About Tablet then select Check for Updates.  If there are updates available it will be shown there."  They couldn't provide any answers to my questions at all.

In my opinion the Slate 8 Pro is great tablet made by company with pathetic feedback to their customers and support that's quite laughable.  If HP was planning on being a competitor in the Tablet market they better get on the stick and start giving us feedback on our legimate questions.  Otherwise, they won't have any repeat customers and the word of mouth adverstising will be quite acidic making other people think twice about buying their products.  Futhermore, I don't even think actual HP employees, who would know something, even read these kind of posts anyhow.

Phoenix

Honor Student
catfanman
Message 4 of 4 (709 Views)

If HP truly wantes to complete in the tablet arena they need to get off their butts and reply to their customers questions, this is my first HP tablet, and will be my last if they don't start updating it. This tablet is the pro so the android 4.3 and 4.4 should already be in the works, and should have already been announced. I hope their tablet customer service doesn't suffer like their computer customer service does.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation