Question

Honor Student
britphil
Message 1 of 6 (735 Views)
Accepted Solution

connecting HP slate 7 to PC

I recently bought a HP Slate 7  2800 but it just will not connect to my PC running XP useing the USB cable, I have tried all the sollutions posted but nothing works. Can anybody help please. Phil

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 6 (710 Views)

Re: connecting HP slate 7 to PC

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Reboot both devices, and when you connect the USB cable, be sure to use a port on the computer, not a hub.

If still no connection, try changing the "USB computer connection" on the tablet from MTP to PTP while connected to try and wake things up.  :-) 

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
britphil
Message 3 of 6 (707 Views)

Thank you for your reply but I read your earlier post suggesting the same to some one els, tried all that and still no connection, only when on PTP but as soon as I go back to MTP nothing shows on "Devises with removable storage" in "My computer" so if I want to tranfer anything from my PC to Slate 7 there is nowhere to send it. Any other ideas? Thanks Phil

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 6 (698 Views)

A workaround would be to use a cheap USB card reader to write to the micro SD card, then transfer it to the Slate 7.

The Slate 7 works fine with the XP laptop we have here at  home.  I can see both internal and external storage.  :/

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
britphil
Message 5 of 6 (686 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion, I shall try it out and let you know if it works (for me) Phil

Honor Student
britphil
Message 6 of 6 (652 Views)

Bought a micro memory card (16 gig) and card reader and things are looking good, just a bit of a pain doing two processess but it is working, thank you for your help. Phil

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation