Question

Honor Student
ThomasF
Message 1 of 14 (10,216 Views)

slate 7 sd card

Hi, I am a new user with the Slate 7 and not very tech savvy. I installed an sd card but have discovered that I cannot move my music and apps to the card. I would just like to know what is the purpose of having an sd card if I can't move anything on it?

Thanks

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 14 (10,205 Views)

Re: slate 7 sd card

[ Edited ]

Hello ThomasF, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

It looks like you'll need to install one of the many free "File Managers" available from the Play Store if you desire an on-device solution.  This will work for media files, but not apps.

I use one named File Manager HD.  I just experimented and moved a ring tone file from /media/audio/ringtones to my /Music folder on the sd card.

Easier way would be to connect your Slate7 to a computer - that way both the main memory and SD card will be visible.

I did this to load up the card with music from my laptop!  After I created the Music folder, I copied and pasted all the music folders on the laptop - each album into it's own folder into /Music.. They all became visible to the Play Music app.

HTH,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Master's Graduate
Holly_J
Message 3 of 14 (10,150 Views)

You can use it for music, video, photos, documents, copies of .apk files you got from somewhere other than the Google Play store, etc.

Some apps (for example, the camera app I use) will let you store your photos and videos to the external SD card by default (you'll need to check the app settings to see if this is an option, but I imagine it is in other apps where you can create content, as well).

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Student
sharkapl
Message 4 of 14 (10,127 Views)

regarding sd card, my slate 7 can't seem to detect my sd if i connect it to my pc, i have to mount and unmount my sd card for it to appear

anyone have this problem?

Master's Graduate
Holly_J
Message 5 of 14 (10,086 Views)

Try disconnecting/reconnecting your USB cable before you mount/unmount the SD card. (That's generally a quicker fix and yes, I have to do this occasionally.) Do you lock yous with a PIN? My guess is that it happens when it's connected and the Slate 7 is locked, but I haven't done it often enough to know if that's consistent.
------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Student
SDCARD11
Message 6 of 14 (9,622 Views)

HELLO!!!

I CANNOT REMOVE MY SD CARD form my tab........it can detected the SD Card... 

but i dunno how to remove it ... 

please help 

Provost
WyreNut
Message 7 of 14 (9,614 Views)

SDCARD11 wrote:

HELLO!!!

I CANNOT REMOVE MY SD CARD form my tab........it can detected the SD Card... 

but i dunno how to remove it ... 

please help 

Gently press the card in a little further until you feel the latch release the card.  It should pop right out.

I use a straightened paper clip to do this since the slot is so tiny.

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Student
deth65
Message 8 of 14 (9,604 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having similar issues with my SD card. Downlaoding the file manager helps but I do not see an oprtion on the tablet to change the camera to default to the sd card. I was also wondering why tapping on the sd card in setting does not open the file. 

I am able to access the tablet from my laptop & move files. Is this common with tablets? I thought this could of been done through the tablet...

Student
purplemotoman
Message 9 of 14 (7,736 Views)

I am having no problem putting stuff on the sd card. My problem is if, for example, I put an ebook on the sd card how do I open the sd card to read it without plugging it into the computer. I don't see anything in the settings that will let me open it.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 10 of 14 (7,723 Views)

Hello purplemotoman, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You need an ebook app that is capable of scanning the SD card.   The Slate7 does not come with a file manager installed, but there are many free ones available in the Play Store.

Using a file manager app, you can view the contents of an SD card with the device itself and tap on the ebook file.  If there is an app on the device that can read the format, it should open.

WyreNut

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation