Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 21 k100
Android 4.4 KitKat

My  HP Slate is stuck on the HP Logo Splash screen and will not continue to boot.  I have tried to unplug it, reboot it and I even factory restored it (Volume down & power), but nothing works.  I have searched your website for the OS software and boot file, but can't find it.

How do I get past the HP Spash screen?

My software version is KOT49H.17r.25.1-011.11-WW

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Craig003

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Slate 21-k100 All-in-One and it does not load into the Android operating system. It is stuck at the HP logo screen. I read that you have restarted the slate and even performed a factory reset on it. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any updates happen recently?
  • Any other changes or software that was installed?

I recommend you to perform the following steps and check if it helps:

• Please power off the HP Slate.
  • Disconnect all devices connected to it and also disconnect the power cable.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect all devices and power cable and power it on.

If the Slate continues to be stuck at the HP logo screen then there could be an internal failure. I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to explore the service options for it. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I didn't download any new apps and there were no updates that I am aware of recently.

I previously did the "power off, disconnect all devices and power cord, press & hold power for 10 seconds" and it still loads to the HP spalash image only.

Where can I find the HP Android software zip file so I can reinstall using the SD card option?

HP Recommended

@Craig003

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your valuable time in troubleshooting this issue.

I did check and could not find an Android software zip file. I suggest you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the service options for your HP Slate 21-k100 All-in-One. 

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Take care! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.