Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 7
Android 4.4 KitKat

Hello,

I am facing a serious problem with My HP Slate 7 voice tab. My Tab turns off automatically every now and then. Even in call it turns off automatically and diconnects the call. It some time works fine for half an  hour or so. Or some time even for every 5 mins it gets turned off. 

Even if I used my Mobile Data It Misbehaves any many ways. It hangs many times whenerver I use my Mobile Data for internet use. 

I am getting fed up of the same. Kindly Help me. I am bit in love with My HP Slate but such misbehaviour costs me much in terms of time. I really dont wanna to chage the my phone. But need a permanent solution for smooth functioning.

Help me guys. Awaiting for your kind response. 

Regards,

Amit Dange

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @AmitDange

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your tablet where it is turning off while in use. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Did the tablet have sufficient charge when it powers off?

Recommend you perform a factory reset by following the procedure mentioned in this HP Article

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Chinmay,

No i have not tried any troubleshooting steps.

Yes its alwayshas sufficiently charhed.

The one thing i observed is that it is heating a lot than ever before. And can this be the cause to getting it turnef off???

Factory reset will reset my os to jelly bean which is now already upgraded kitkat. But will this option resolve my problem??

Can u please suggest me. Where can i buy The back cover of my tablet?? i supose this miight also be an issue for the same. It is not so loose but I had a doubt so. 

Regards,

Amit Dange

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, the factory reset would restore the tablet to jelly bean. Test the tablet with jelly bean. 

Once you are sure that tablet is working fine. You can upgrade to KitKat later. 

To get a back cover for the tablet, please contact our phone support for assistance. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.