Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Sherri7397

Thank you for the update,

That seems fair enough if you are able to use them on the computer and the same files are transferred to your drive without using an encryption program to have them locked as such,

Also, I'll be right here, awaiting your reply as I don't believe in giving up either 😉

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Happy to say. My mission has been accomplished. I can now get to my files and add text. 

Thank You so very much for all your help and support. 

Feeling, relieved.

Sherri

HP Recommended

@Sherri7397

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad I could be of assistance,

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm back again. 

Hope you can help me with the reverse situation now. You helped me find my files from my flash drive and helped me figure out how to add text/ edit them. Now, I'm not sure how to get the new edited version to the flash drive from my internal files? Hope that all makes sense. 

Lost again, 

Sherri

HP Recommended

@Sherri7397

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Fire up the file explorer app—ES File Explorer, in this case. Head to sdcard/usbStorage and look for the name of your flash drive. Tap it, and you should be able to see the files contained on the flash drive.

Now you can use flash drives to load things like movies, vacation photos, and music playlists without actually transferring them over to your device's internal storage. You can also move over a batch of files from the flash drive to your device using the file explorer app.

If you find you're having issues getting the flash drive to show up in your file explorer application, try simply turning the phone on and off again after installing StickMount. You'll know that the phone recognizes the USB drive when you see its name pop up in the accompanying popup dialog window.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.