Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

forgot my pass code

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended
You can hard reset, if you don't mind losing all data on it, back to factory state. Described in the Slate 7 manual: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=5373939&objectID=c0367832...
With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume down , volume up , and power buttons at the same time.
When an HP logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.
After a few seconds, the Android system recovery menu appears.
Use the volume down button to move the highlighted selection to wipe data/factory reset .
NOTE: The touch screen is disabled when the tablet is in recovery mode. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to navigate up or down in the recovery menu, and use the power button to make a selection.
HP Recommended
I used a pattern as an unlock code, and my little sister was trying different wrong patterns in my absence, now av tried unlocking and I had to use my google account to sign in but it's not working,I have tried my email and password and it still says wrong username or password. I am also scared of resetting because I have lots of important files in my hp slate 7, I really need to your help
HP Recommended

how to unlock the Hp slate7 tablet when power off in a frozen or locked

HP Recommended

@mathewalexander wrote:

how to unlock the Hp slate7 tablet when power off in a frozen or locked

Did you try the suggestion in the second post of this thread?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
I have tried to unlock my daughters tablet that my son did different patterns and it lock what do I do
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Unfortunately, you will have to do the Factory Reset also (as mentioned in the second post).

This link will show you a video on how to perform this task.

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

If you have maxed out your pattern/pin attempts and are on the account unlock screen, your tablet needs a wifi connection in order for the account validation to work, if its not connected it will just stay on that screen after you attempt to input your account credentials. You can try to move into range of a wifi network it might have been previously connected to and see if it connects. Unfortunately if it does not get a wifi/network connection there is no choice but a factory data reset. This is the case for all Android devices.

Thanks,

I work for HP

Please be sure and click the thumbs up+/kudos button if you found my posts helpful.

Also please mark my post as the accepted solution if it answers your question so that others can benefit from your question.
HP Recommended

i put a password and ive  forgtton it i have HP SLATE 7 TABLET and i cant get open the screen what can i do please?

HP Recommended

You will have to do a Factory Reset and start anew.

See the link I posted earlier.

WyreNut

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.