Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
slate 21
Android 4.4 KitKat

please solve my slate problem my slate does not coping and pasting any file to internal storage or USB when i trying to coping or pasting it shows a message that "application can read-only access to this folder on USB storage" plz help me 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Jatinkumar1, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issues copying and pasting files from the USB flash drive to your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make software or hardware changes to your PC?

What application or file are you trying to save to the folder?

Have you tried checking with a different flash drive or different USB port on your PC?

Prior to Android 4.4 KitKat, applications, provided they had permission to access the external SD card, could read and write to any area on removable storage, including the system folders like DCIM, Alarms, etc. That has all changed, and now third-party applications, as in ones you download from Google Play or elsewhere can only write to files and folders that they have created or have taken ownership of.

Third-party apps are not allowed to get automatic permission to put files anywhere on a micro SD card. Instead, such files must go into a folder on the card where all their content from that app must go. A photo viewer, for example, would not be able to move or save images from elsewhere on a device to its folder. It would only be able to save thumbnails of photos from within the system, which would be the images used for the viewer.

Many users are facing issues with the new configuration because it drastically changes the way apps function. Most apps have become dysfunctional because they now lack the permissions to function properly. Moreover, once a third party app is deleted, its designated folder and contents are also deleted. However, the flip side is that various malware no longer has the ability to read and write through a device’s filesystem to steal data.

Try performing a factory reset on your PC and check if it helps.

From the Home screen, click or touch the All apps icon, and then click or touch the Settings icon.
In the Personal section, click or touch Backup & reset.
Click or touch Factory data reset.
Click or touch Reset tablet.
If you set a lock screen password for your computer, enter your password when prompted.
The screen displays Erase all your personal information and downloaded apps? You can't reverse this action! Click or touch Erase everything to confirm and begin the reset.
The computer powers off and the screen shows Erasing. When the reset is complete, the computer reboots. Set up the computer by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Desktop Computer.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a factory reset on android.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.