Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp slate 7 voice tab 3G wifi

hp slate 7 voice tab 3G  wifi is not working since 3 months its battery is ok and when turn on it dispalys hp logo powered by android. what should I do plz give some perfect solution for this kind of problem.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hp slate 7 voice tab 3G  wifi when reboot displays can't open /cache/recovery/last_install and failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument). to get my tab start what should i do. It gets charge and displays hp logo powered by android and vibrates only when turns on. plz give solution.

HP Recommended

hp slate 7 voice tab not starts. after hard reboot it doesn't get starts and displays hp logo powered by android and vibrates only. hard reset displays can't mount cache/last recovery (invalid argument), failed to mount. plz send me the solution.

HP Recommended

Step 1: Charge the battery
Charge the battery using the charging cable that came with your tablet. Allow the battery to charge for 30 minutes or more, and then try to turn on the tablet again.
Step 2: Find a fix that matches the symptom your tablet is experiencing
Read from the following list of symptoms. If you find a symptom that describes the condition of your tablet, then follow those instructions. If you cannot find a symptom that matches the condition of your tablet, then continue to
Error screen displays
If an error message displays on the screen, write down the error message exactly as it appears. Search the Internet using the exact text from the error message to find a solution.
Some error screens do not include an error message. You might see a black screen with a green robot and red caution icon:
To restore the tablet to working condition when this error screen appears, press and hold the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet. If the tablet turns on normally and the error screen does not reappear, you are done. If the error screen reappears, perform a factory reset on the tablet. Refer to Performing a Factory Reset on Your HP Tablet for instructions.
The tablet does not turn on
If the screen is black and does not respond when you push the power button, follow these steps:
1. Verify that you are using the correct charger for the tablet .
Using a charger from another source, such as a cell phone charger, might cause the tablet to charge slowly, or it might not charge at all. Charge the tablet using the AC adapter that came with your tablet.
2. Verify the tablet is receiving power from the AC adapter .
Verify that the AC adapter is not damaged, and that it is connected correctly to a working wall outlet plug. Examine the AC adapter, wiring, and connector for damage.
3. Use a different AC power adapter .
If you have access to a different AC adapter that is designed for the tablet, connect it and try to start the tablet.
4. Remove the AC adapter and boot on battery power only .
A defective AC adapter might not charge the battery, and can prevent the tablet from booting on battery power only. To verify that battery power is available for the tablet, connect the AC power adapter and allow the battery to charge for 30 minutes or more. Disconnect the power adapter and press the power button.
• If tests of both the battery and the AC adapter fail, there might be a problem with the tablet requiring service by HP.
• If the tablet boots, the AC adapter might need to be replaced.
5. Charge the tablet for five hours or longer .
Leave the tablet plugged into an AC adapter for five hours or longer. After five hours of charging, disconnect the charging cable and try to turn on the tablet.
If the tablet still does not turn on, boot into the Android system recovery menu, and select Restart now to restart the tablet. For instructions to access the Android system recovery menu on your tablet, seePerforming a Factory Reset on Your HP Tablet .
6. Plug the AC adapter into a different power outlet and try to turn on the tablet.
Step 3: Perform a hard reboot
A hard reboot can resolve many startup issues. Press and hold the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet.
If the tablet does not start, continue with the next step.
Resetting with the tablet powered on
1. If you have a microSD card installed in the tablet, remove the memory card before resetting the tablet.
2. From the Home screen, touch the All apps icon, and then touch the Settings icon.
3. In the Personal section, touch Backup & reset.
4. Touch Factory data reset.
5. Touch Reset tablet.
6. If you set a lock screen password for your tablet, enter your password when prompted.
7. Touch Erase everything to confirm and begin the reset.
1. The tablet powers off and the screen shows Erasing. When the reset is complete, the tablet reboots. Set up the tablet by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet .

More read: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04052020
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03935967

HP Recommended

HELLP ME!!!

My Problem with my HP Slate 7 Voicetab (G2E66EA) is the OS hangs (Bootloop). I followed your steps above.

When I turn on the device I see lying Android robot with red caution. 

I try all steps approx. 4 times and the device is still online, that beeing said, nothing wrong with --> cable, AC adapter, wall socket and battery.

Only object what I see is lying Android robot with red caution and when I press on Volume up button i start the Android System recovery menu (3e) v1.01.08_20150311.450.3

- reboot system now (4x started)

- apply update from external storage

- apply update from ADB

- wipe data/factory reset (4x started)

- wipe cache partitio (4x started)

I pressed and hold also the Power Button for 30 seconds and 1 minute without any progress to solve the problem.

Could you help me out?

THaks Mecki

HP Recommended
My hp 7 voice tab down part of the screen is not working.
Upper part is working .wat should I do.
HP Recommended

Solved!! I Just follow again and again the steps above with the CORRECT IMAGE Original File and that´s it.

Thank you HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.