Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I am looking for confirmation that perhaps my all-in-one (AIO) Touchsmart computer cannot anywhere get an updated driver for the HP Compaq LA2405wg monitor. I had been using the monitor on an HP Elitebook laptop running Windows 7; however, I no longer have the laptop, and would now like to use the LA2405wg as a 2nd monitor with my HP Envy23 Touchsmart AIO desktop system which is now running Windows 10 (anniversary upgrade from Windows 8.1).

I had not ever used the LA2405wg with the AIO before, so I don't know if it would have worked with that OS. I do have a cable for the monitor that connects USB on the AIO to a square connector on the monitor. However, the monitor does not get a signal from the desktop system.

I checked for a driver here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-la2405wg-24-inch-widescreen-lcd-monitor/39... but the latest OS to select is Win 8.1. I also checked for a newer driver for the video card (Intel HD Graphics 4000) in device manager, but got the response that it already has the most current driver.

I purchased my AIO in Nov 2013 but it is not listed in the "after August 2013" section of "HP products tested with Windows 10" at http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-la2405wg-24-inch-widescreen-lcd-monitor/3955381/docume....

Is there somewhere speical that I can get a Windows 10 driver for the monitor, or to know if a driver will ever be provided for that monitor and my AIO system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Looking at the screen shots of the outputs on your PC, there is no way to connect an external monitor.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the same monitor, and it works fine on W10.

All the USB cable does is to power those two USB ports on the side of the monitor.

You cannot get video out of the USB cable.

Doesn't your PC have HDMI out port?

If so, you can get a HDMI to DVI cable, or a HDMI to Display Port cable, and connect your AIO to the monitor with either of those.

The LA2405wg monitor has DVI, Display Port and VGA inputs.

HP Recommended

Hi, Paul. Thanks for trying to help. I wondered about the square connector on the USB cord. It's next to the DVI and VGA ports on the monitor, so I thought it was for the DisplayPort connection (which I now see is on the other side of the DVI port); but turns out it's a USB hub cable for enabling the USB 2.0 ports on the monitor (as you stated).

Anyway, on the PC are are 6 USB ports, an ethernet port, and a memory card slot. There's no HDMI port on the PC, and apparently no Display Port, either. The images below are of the port panels on the PC.

Maybe I'm just totally out of luck and cannot connect a 2nd monitor at all, Win10 driver or not?

Rear ports

Side ports

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Looking at the screen shots of the outputs on your PC, there is no way to connect an external monitor.

HP Recommended

I was afraid of that. Thanks again, and have a good evening.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a great day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.