Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

System Serial Number: (removed content)

I just installed windows 10 home 64 bit on this laptop and can not fine the drivers for the following:

PCI Serial Port

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A07&SUBSYS_30C3103C&REV_0C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A07&SUBSYS_30C3103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A07&CC_070002

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A07&CC_0700

PCI Simple Communications Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A04&SUBSYS_30C3103C&REV_0C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A04&SUBSYS_30C3103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A04&CC_078000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A04&CC_0780

I have been all over your website and found the driver page for this computer.  Installed all the drivers and have narrowed it down to these two left.  It appears this laptop was a business laptop at one time.  It has a docking port on the bottom.  I also have been all over google and still can not fine the drivers for this.  Please give me a link to get the drivers.  Some of the links I have tryed in the forum do not work.

Also if anyone knows anything about a bios update for this computer would be great help too.

Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 8710p F.0D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ended getting on a live chat with a person who after several trys found the right driver.  I do not remember the name of the file.  I have also gotten lots of response from the HP support team.  Thanks for that.  They told me they want to make sure that the driver is available on the website.  Waiting.

PCI Serial Port

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Windows 10 drivers might be a problem with this older system. However, if you look under the Windows Vista drivers download page, you should see BIOS rev F.20, the latest for this laptop

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver you need is missing from the support pages.

Do you have your Vista application and driver DVD?

If so you need the Intel AMT driver which will install both of those devices.

W10 works just fine on my 6910p, which is pretty much the 14.1" screen version of your model.

I reported the missing drivers issue to HP just before Christmas.

Many drivers are missing from the business pc and business notebook support pages.

I was informed that they issued a 'ticket' to address the problem but no ETA to fix it has been announced.

HP Recommended

If you don't have your Windows Vista Application and Driver DVD, see if this works, since I have mine.

You can't post large files on this forum, so I have distilled the basic drivers you need, zipped them up, and attached them below.

See if they work for you.

You will have to manually install them as I have removed all of the extraneous setup autorun files and whatnot.

I will walk you through how to install the PCI Simple Comms Controller driver, and then you can do the PCI Serial Port one yourself.

Download and unzip both of these files to their folders.  Do not do anything with the files in the folders.

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI Simple Comms Controller device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on update driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the HECI driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then do the same thing for the PCI Serial Port device and browse to the SOLINF folder.

If that doesn't work, I will upload the full installation files to my skydrive folder and you can download and run them as you normally would.

HP Recommended

I ended getting on a live chat with a person who after several trys found the right driver.  I do not remember the name of the file.  I have also gotten lots of response from the HP support team.  Thanks for that.  They told me they want to make sure that the driver is available on the website.  Waiting.

PCI Serial Port

HP Recommended

This files worked perfect!  Thank you a lot.  I had windows 7 installed and did the update but the laptop was acting up. I formated and started Windows 10 from the beggining and did windows updates on all drivers needed. Everything is working perfect. This files were the only ones that windows 10 did not configure by it self or windows update. I tried to force older drivers but then windows 10 stated to give me blue screens.  Thanks again for this post.

HP Recommended

Favorable results here too, but it did take some time.  Clean win10 install July2016 and ran windows update several times, then had to install the Win7 Ricoh Media card driver, the DriveGuard driver, then intel's Pro set drivers, then went to device manager and clicked update on every driver.... BINGO, picked up the modem, latest Wifi,  and Chipset... etc... restarted a few times.... and  Runs like an old L6 Chevy...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.