Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, the latest BIOS version was implemented by our IT last week on Friday.

HP Recommended

Dear all

I have the same problem with the fan. It runs all the time and ramps up and down.

It is very distrubing at work and in meetings.

I've updated the firmware to 1.02 and installed a fresh Windows 10 pro. No luck.

The starts to run after a few seconds after the systems boos.

The quality of the 2016 HP Notebooks is very poor. I'm also disapointed about the HP 840 G3.

Regards cupra

HP Recommended

Just received a brand new  Probok 650 G2 with the same issue (Bios Firmware 1.0.2). Really anoying fan sound. Is there any solution at the moment?

HP Recommended

Hi

The HP support was not able to help me and did't understand the problem.

I mean this is preatty clear that it is a firmware or a driver issue but not a physical problem with the fan.

The support wanted to change the fan what I did not accept on a 3 day old notebook.

So I requested a "dead on arrival" exchange. But i'll not buy the same notebook. I'll have a look with my hp dealer what he can offer me as an other option from HP.

Regards, cupra

HP Recommended

Hi All,

HP support understands well the reasons, but they try to avoid offer "expensive" solution. The NB has also another bug - the external monitors drop out randomly for max resolution (The previous Dell worked with them without any problem ). Unfortunately my piece is a company comp. So it will be long distance process of claim. Related to fan troubles: I set up the power management to max battery mode and the fan sometime switches off if no application works and display is set up to minimum brightness.  But it is not solution. The only acceptable solution is to set up the temperature threshold for higher value or change fan for first-rate and silent type. But I have no way how to do it. I think the best solution is to return NB if the guarantee allows it. And avoid this HP for future if possible.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this tool (link), it works like magic. I use it for years. It is still being updated.

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

I see the HP ProBook 650 G1 is supported, it should be the same.

I use it for years, and now on Windows 10, with my HP EliteBook 8560p.

Without this tool I would have thrown away my laptop long time ago, suffering the same problem. I replaced my cpu fan 3 times, even with different models. The tool is the (only) magic solution.

My next laptop will be fanless, that is why I haven't replaced my old 8560p yet.

HP Recommended

I apprecite the help, but this program does not fix the issue. Even setting the fan speed to let's say 40%. the fan will still ramp up and down. At idle, the fan will go from 22-28%, even when you set a fixed speed.  

HP needs to get a Engineer to look into this issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi Heino081076       ,

tx for solution proposal. I tried it and it solves 90% of troubles. I set up "Enabled" and "Target fan speed'' to cca 1,3 % (to the lowest possible value). This setting pushes the regulation loop to ignore the temporary temperature changes and the fan starts from almost zero to full speed at arround the 70°C on CPU. So the intensive noise is related only to high power consumption and the fan is silent during normal work. I don't understand why HP tries to cool down every small change and disturbes the users with this annoying ramping noice. Tx again, it works.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I also had the same suffering as you guys with this notebook. This is my company notebook i use all day long, and i also hear this sound in my dreams. I have requested a DOA for the first one. Today (after waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive) I finally received the new notebook. Unfortunately this one also has the same problem with the fan ramping up and down!

Please HP fix this issue with some BIOS firmware update or something. This is totally unacceptable!!! We all have this issue and it seems we don't get taken seriously. This type of notebook should be robust in every aspect, as this is our tool to get our jobs done!

I am definitly not going to advise this model to any of our customers!

Greetings,

Dirk van Lierop

e-Quest automatisering B.V.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

Very annoying...please HP - fix the Problem with a Bios Update!

Greetings

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.