Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Just a couple of weeks until the fix is available, right? I can hardly wait! :robotvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I would.. but that thread got locked even though the problem is still ongoing 😉 

HP Recommended

Will this fix the audio issue as well?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I had the fan issue on my ZBook 15 G3. Fans ramped up sometimes even when the laptop was in idle. I downloaded the BIOS update 01.12 and now the issue is gone. However I noticed that the maximum CPU clock is now appr. 2,3 instead of 3,5 (or 3,6 I can't recall exactly where it was before). Is this really your "fix" to this fan issue? 

My bad! Sorry guys. Turbo frequency is there where it should be. This was my mistake and now I think that you have made incredible job. Laptop that was unusable is now much much better.

I was too hasty. I don't think that the fan profile is as good as it should be. Fan doesn't go on in every little event but when it does, it won't stop and it's spinning (I think) too fast compared to the temperature. I also noticed that the laptop is warm on the right side but the fan that is spinning is on the left. This is my work laptop and I have to listen it 8 hours a day so it's not a good think that the fan is so loud.

BR Mika Paavola

HP Recommended

Hi iMaxx,

BIOS update 01.15 Rev.A is available and fixes the "fluctuating fans" issue!!!

Thanks again for helping!!!!!!!

--Dion

HP Recommended

Yeah! The "fluctuating fans" issue is taken care of, but instead I have a constant loud fan, even in idle.

The Zbook Studio G3 could be the worst computer I've ever owned. Not just because of the fans.

//PatricB

HP Recommended

Hahahah yup

HP Recommended

I'm not  sure that this advice will help the Studio G owners but in my 15 G3 BIOS there is an option which let you choose whether the fan is always on when laptop is on AC power. I put a tick on this selection and the fans spins remarkably slower.

-Mika

HP Recommended

@PatricB wrote:

The Zbook Studio G3 could be the worst computer I've ever owned. Not just because of the fans.

Whats another wrong with this computer, except fans ? 

HP Recommended
Bluetooth working randomly, HDMI working randomly, have had 5 "blue screens" in 2 weeks.
HP support has replaced the mother board twice...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.