Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

1.11 contained a bug that would cause issues if you did NOT have a second (descrete) GPU unstalled, like an nVidia card. 99% of the system sold were bought with one.

If you installed 1.11 and everything worked, you're fine as the issue would show right away. 1.12 fixed that issue for those only using the Intel GPU.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Thanks for clearing that up iMaxx.  All mine have the secondary nVidia GPU's.

HP Recommended

iMaxx,

I've been experiencing an issue with 1.11 on my Studio (Quadro M1000M) that I think is related to the nVidia card/driver. A fresh bootup, followed by login, followed by connecting the dock cable and waiting 3-4 minutes will usually result in everything connecting properly, including the DP monitor (bandwidth is 3440 x 1440 @ 60 Hz, if it makes a difference).

However, if I disconnect to go work somewhere else in our office, then return to my desk and reconnect, everything but the monitor will correctly reconnect. If I want the monitor to connect again, I'm forced to restart and go through the same process as before. 

That said, if I reinstall the nVidia driver or otherwise make changes to the installation (downgrade/upgrade) that would cause the driver to be reloaded, the display flashes as usual and then successfully recognizes the external monitor, leading me to believe that the issue is related to the nVidia driver. I've made sure all other updates are at least at the version you indicated in your post on page 10.

Strangely I seem to be the only one of 4 Studios in our office experiencing this issue, though I haven't been able to confirm that 100%. It's amusing given that I did the tech acquisition for our office as well as the rollout in collaboration with our vendor. Is this something you have experienced in the lab, specifically with DisplayPort monitors? Is there maybe a setting in Nvidia Control Panel that I changed and forgot about (I don't think so, but possible)?

Thanks again for all your help throughout this thread, you all have definitely increased our productivity by addressing these USB/display issues over the past few weeks.

HP Recommended
I am having a very similar issue. If I reconnect mine when it's in sleep/standby mode with lid closed, the dock does not seem to work. This includes the display and usb.

Even after rebooting, the dock does not behave properly, though I let it sit a while, tried pulling power from the dock and plugging it back in, etc... And eventually it starts working again.

The other strange thing is that now my display (laptop and monitor) will no longer go blank. Screen saver won't work either. No changes had been made.

I upgraded bios to 1.12,but did not seem to help (wasn't expecting it to) .
HP Recommended

I'm having the issue where my USB Mouse and Keyboard connected to the Dock stops working after a variable amount of time.

If I take the power off the Dock, wait, and repower it, wait, things start working again - for a while.

I noticed how HOT the Dock got, over 40 degrees C on the case.

I'm trying a fan to blow cool air over it and so far so good.

I don't think it's a driver issue!

HP Recommended

Up to 65 degrees C is normaly not a Problem for a Chip.

But I also place it on a Rubber and put an old CPU Cooler on Top.:smileyhappy:

IMG_3465.JPG

HP Recommended

Since my post earlier the USB on my dock stopped working again, even with the fan cooling it.

You seem to be right about it not being a temperature issue.

HP Recommended

Hi teepee22,

I don't mean to ask the obvious, but have you confirmed that all your drivers are at least at the versions listed on page 10 of this thread? Especially the BIOS to 1.11 for Studios or 1.09 for Zbook 15/17?

HP Recommended

Yes all is Up to Date, BIOS is configured right and even Citrix Receiver is uninstalled.

Before 1.09 the ext. Screen goes Off every Hour, ext. USB did disconnect every Minute.

We have about 10 zBook G3 in the Company and all have the same problem.

At the moment no Body want a zBook, even if the zBook itself is a very good Product,

it is only an Dockingstation problem.

Now it is stable over the Day.

Problems are:

- sometimes, ext. Displays not working after Power On, have to unplug the TB

- sometimes Keyboard did not Work (USB Key is in the TB-Dock), have have to unplug the TB

- Jabra USB BlueTooth does completly not work on TB-Dock, always disconnect

HP Recommended

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure. I hope HP is able to help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.