Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am exactly in the same place with one of my TB docks. The one at home works well, the one at work does not, almost exactly in the same way as yours. Plantronics instead of Jabra... Wondering if it is a HW issue after all. I have had 2 BSOD already today. Wish they had stuck with the old docking port approach and left the TB as an option.

HP Recommended

In my case I have been able to link the issues to the Plantronics USB headset. As soon as I connect it, the laptop recognizes the "HP Dock Audio" and then all the USB ports fail. At home I use a Logitech wireless headset with the dongle connected to the dock but there it works.

HP Recommended

>> I have had 2 BSOD already today.

I have had also Daily BSODs.

They come from the very old Web Cam Driver (the Softpaq is new, but the Driver inside is old).

I disable the integrated Webcam in the BIOS and have no more BOSDs for 3 Weeks now.

(Disable in Device Manager did not work, because it always rediscover it.)

HP Recommended

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I found BIOS "1.12 A 1" for the Studio via Softpaq Downloader now. As far as I know the first "publicly" available version that should have the fix for USB-ports.

HP Recommended

I installed 1.12 A1, but did not help any of the symptoms I am experiencing.

HP Recommended

I have two of these Thunderbolt docks and they were both doing the same thing and now they are working correctly.

Windows 7 Pro 64 - HP ZBook 17 G3 connected toThunderbolt Dock, Two Display Port Monitors, USB Mouse, USB Keyboard, Audio cable plugged into the dock to external speakers.

The USB ports and audio on the dock would not work if devices were plugged into the dock if the dock was powered off and then powered on. Devices had to be plugged into the dock after the dock/computer was powered on and up and running the OS.

After these two updates, the dock is working as intended.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

Version 01.09 Rev.A(4 Jul 2016)

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8693767&swItemId=ob_169346_1&swEnvOid=405...

ASMedia ASM1042A Firmware Update for HP Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Version: 131025.10.11.23 Rev.A(2 Jun 2016)

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=9822174&swItemId=ob_167955_1&swEnvOid=419...

I can leave all USB devices and audio plugged into the dock, plug the dock into the computer and power it on using the power button on the dock and everything works. I can unplug the dock from the computer and plug it back in and I have no issues at all. My two Display Port monitors come back on and all USB devices and audio work, docked, undocked, powered off, powered on, it all works like it's supposed to.

The dock felt like a beta product for this computer but now it's working correctly and I can purchase more of these in this combination.

Thank you HP for finally getting this fixed for the ZBook 17 G3.

HP Recommended

I'm struggling myself with two ZBook 15 G3's and Thunderbolt 3 docks. If I plug the dock in while the machine is up and running, none of the USB ports (on the laptop or the dock) seem to work. I "feel like" Windows is stuck in some sort of device enumeration based on all of my observations and fiddling around with this problem. Because, when I then go to shut the machine down, Windows usually gets stuck at "Shutting down..." until I hard shutdown the machine. If I boot the machine up with the dock attached, it does seem to recognized any USB devices that are plugged into the dock during Windows' startup. However, it won't recognize any thereafter, and then, if I open Device Manager, the Bluetooth adapter is in a state of failure (Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems). Looking at the information on the adapter in DM, it looks like the Bluetooth adapter is internally connected via USB, so this seems like one big USB related problem. Only other thing that happened differently once was when I plugged the dock in and then left the machine alone for about 10-15 minutes without touching it, and in that event, Windows actually BSOD'd with a 0x0000009f bugcheck (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE). I analyzed the resulting crash dump file, and it looks like the exception occurred within the kernel image context itself (and not any particular driver).

I've installed every applicable driver and firmware update for both the G3 laptop and the dock itself, including all of the firmware updates mentioned in this thread, and nothing seems to make any difference. This problem is driving me mad. I can't deploy these two laptops to my two users for whom they are intended because there's no easy way to connect them to the mass of peripherals that one normally leaves behind on a desk aside from the Thunderbolt dock (since HP has eliminated the older built-in port replicator connector for the G3 model).

HP Recommended

Do you happen to have Citrix Web Receiver installed on the machine, or an older version of the windows Citrix Receiver?  I was having all of the exact same issues (prior to BIOS 1.09), and finally uninstalled Citrix Web Receiver (which auto-installed when I accessed my company's Citrix portal via a web browser).  

Once I did that, I then had to uninstall and reinstall all of the other drivers and updates that have been listed here (the ASMedia driver being the one that specifically required a full uninstall and then a full reinstall after several reboots and a couple of BSODs).  Once all that was done, the dock started to work correctly, which I continued to test for about 2 weeks (luckily, Citrix is not required for me to use very often).  Finally, after I was sure the dock was working correctly, I manually downloaded and installed the Citrix Receiver version 4.4.1000.16.  All has been working since.

HP Recommended

I thought mostly all was working. I thought there are still issues when waking from sleep.  Perhaps iMaxx can fill us in on his last update on July 18 as to where things stand on the intermittent issues the HP team was tracking down.

HP Recommended

Yes, we have Citrix Receiver installed (most recent version). I tried uninstalling it just now and then doing some things with the dock again after rebooting, but that doesn't seem to make any difference that I can see.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.