Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info on Win10. Yeah its very frustraiting. I didn't have choice as my machine/dock was provided by my employer. Its really hard to get work done when you mouse and keyboard just stop working randomly and you have to spend a half hour getting the thing to work again. They better fix it soon, because when it does actually work its nice.

HP Recommended
What I've done is followed the steps to get the monitors to stop turning off and on again (cold restart, twice if needed) and then plugged my keyboard and mouse into the USB hub of one of the monitors and the USB cable from the monitor into the laptop itself, so no using the docks USB ports at all. I've found that this works fine apart from starting work each day and then 20 minutes later having to restart the laptop multiple times to get the monitors to behave.
HP Recommended

I tried plugging usb directly into the laptop, but it seems when the dock is connected as well the USB function on the laptop is disabled. Is there a way to enable both?

HP Recommended

This is extremely annoying. Now I cannot get the montiors to work but the USB functions work when I plug in the dock. Also now everytime I shutdown/restart I get BSOD 0x76 -  NTOSKRNL.EXE PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES.

I am about ready to punt this thing out the window to its fiery demise.

HP Recommended

I believe I have found my TB 3 Dock gremlin !!

My config... zbook15g3  windows 10 and the now infamous Thunderbolt 3 Dock

I was having the same prob as many posting here,

Displays and ethernet was working fine but USB's and audio not working.

I found that by uninstalling Citrix Reciever, restarting the zbook (without dock) then plugging in the dock, I am back in business.  Everything on the dock works.... everytime.  I can restart with the dock in or out, shutdown, startup and my dock is fully functional.

Here is what I did to trouble shoot it...

After wiping my computer clean and performing a fresh install of Window 10 and all HP drivers, the Dock worked with full functionality (displays,network, USBs and Audio).

As I was reloading my software, I was also making disk images along the way.  Finally I had everything reloaded and everything was working great... until I rebooted the computer and just like that No USB or Audio.

I discovered in the middle of my series of disk images there was a point in time where I could recover a particular image and the dock was working again.  Anyway long story short... I found the offending application (and associated drivers) was the Citrix Reciever app that I use when connecting to my companies app server.  This is likely why I see (in HP user Forums) so many corporate users struggling with the TB3 Dock.

So by uninstalling the Citrix application and rebooting the computer without the Dock... then connect the dock and everything is working consistently... reboots, shutdowns with the dock in or out it always comes back with full function.

I think HP should direct some support effort into the Citrix Reciever app and perhaps related applications (maybe other terminal server type apps that try to remap ports and devices).

If I run into related issues or updates with my experience, I will post again.

Good Luck to All
HP Recommended

I found a solution. 

You need to set up two things. Bios and USB driver

1. BIOS settings (esc when reboot)
Go to Advanced - Port Options and set Thunderbolt security PCI and Displayport to "No Security". 

2. Install USB driver: 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_162087_1&swEnvOid=4192

HP Recommended

Sorry, that didnt fix the problem! 

HP Recommended

Yeah I found the same - any 'fix' is very short lived (i.e next reboot)

HP Recommended

Update - June 19 (Happy Fathers Day fathers...)

Well I can report that my issues are completely fixed and this is going on my 5th day since unistalling the Citrix Reciever application.  Prior to the "fix" my TB3 dock behaved very irratically, hanging up on shutdowns, sometimes finding the dock and sometimes not (even though it was connected).  But the most consistent state was where my external displays would work, my ethernet would work but all my USB's (on the dock and on my computer) would not recognize anything I inserted.  In addition the dock audio would not work at all, never recognizing any headphone or speaker connection.

After unistalling the Citrix Reciever app and rebooting... everything now works, everytime, every combinations of startup/shutdown with or with the dock plugged in.

For grins, just before updating this post... I reinstalled the Citrix Reciever and boom dock failed just as before.  I uninstalled the software, rebooted (a couple times) and now the dock is functioning 100%.  Perhaps I have a unique situation but I am thrilled to have the $300 device finally working.

HP Recommended

Same here, after uninstalling Citrix reciever version 4.3.0.5014 the dock and USB ports works flawlessly :generic:

downloaded the latest citrix reciever 4.4... and it still works!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.