Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hmm.. I dont have Citrix reciever, and still get the same error. 

HP Recommended

I struggled with all the connection problems for weeks trying to get my existing zbook15g3 "up to date" enough for the dock3 to work but to no avail.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I had to reinstall win10 from scratch, then update all HP drivers, then it began to work.  Later after I installed the citrix receiver 4.3, thats when the dock began to fail again.

As a recent poster has reported success with the citrix app 4.4 version... I will try that tonight.

Good luck!

** update **

Success, I installed the latest version Citrix Reciever (4.4) and was able to connect to my companies app server but more importantly it didnt break the dock connections.  

:generic:

While in my case the driver conflict was a particular version of Citrix software, I found it by rebuilding my computer from scratch as detailed in an earlier post.  It was painful but paid off.  Some of you with company hardware may not have that option, but perhaps your company IT folks can pursue it.

HP Recommended

I have two docks. Both have upgraded firmware.

One at work that mostly works. I have to connect the wireless dongle for my Microsoft keyboard and mouse to my computer, otherwise the connection to them is lost all the time. (Monitor, disks, ethernet and lots of ther equipment attatched - but all other things work.)

The one at home is unusable. To this one I only have audio, ethernet and one ANT+ USB dongle (for training equipment) connected. I use this one for Zwift training. But after ~5 minutes the whole dock just dies. Sound stops, ethernet connection is lost and ANT+ stops working. Reconnecting the dock does not work. I have to reboot the computer. That is not fun when engaged in a workout.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear you found Citrix was the cause of your problems..

Unfortunatley, not the cause of ours..

HP Recommended

Chalk another one up for the Citrix Receiver.  Went to 4.4 and dock issues were resolved.  It now fully recognizes dock USB ports and when I disconnect the dock it is successful and will allow me to reconnect as well. I do not have an external display so can't comment on the display port functionality but have to assume it would be good now as well.  I suggest HP do some serious testing around the Citrix Receiver versions as that was the sole change I made and it absolutely solved my issues.

HP Recommended

We've been experiencing this issue as well, on Windows 7 x64 Enterprise with all latest USB, Thunderbolt drivers, BIOS and Firmware updates mentioned. No Citrix software in our environment either.

One thing that seemed to help us with the USB devices not working from boot, or restart which I've not seen mentioned here was enabling Fast Boot in the BIOS options:

Advanced - Boot Options - Tick Fast Boot

Save and reboot, and hopefully the USB devices will work a bit more reliably. I have no idea why this works, but it helped us. Perhaps the Fast Boot setting enables skipping some USB checks / initialization stuff that was causing the USB ports of the dock to freeze up?

HP Recommended

so the dock still works but got a BSOD yesterday and according to dmp file it was related to Nvidia drivers.

have now installed the latest HP driver and keps fingers crossed...

The new driver provides improved performance when the system is connected to an HP ZBook dock and can be found here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8693774&swItemId=ob_167721_1&swEnvOid=406...

/S

HP Recommended

BIOS 1.08 is now available for the ZBook 15 and 17.

The new BIOS for the Studio will be later this month.

For the BSoD issues, we have seen that that is a result of the ASMedia software in most cases.
Uninstall and reinstall this driver as we as give SoftPaq Download Manager a run to see if it finds.

(There have been reports that the Intel USB 3 driver does not update via the SDM. I am working on confirming this.)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

I have had problems with this from day 1.   I've tried everything on this forum and spent hours dealing with this stupid issue.  I hate being on the bleeding edge and being HPs testing guineau pig.  

My problems are the same as everyone elses with the video problems, freezing of USB ports, going to screen saver and having the monitors lock up, can't disconnect/reconnect without display and port problems.

Every time I go into a feature that needs 'administrative' mode in Windows 7 64bit, the thing goes crazy and some new problem appears with the display.

I had to plug mouse/keyboard direclty into laptop to keep them working.

I know have  $200 display splitter basically.  What a piece of junk.

My BIOS is up to date.  I've updated all Softpaqs serveral times install/uninstall.  I've made all the BIOS setting changes suggested.  I've tried to get the latest Thunderbolt Driver but it won't install saying there's a missing file.

I can honestly say that in the past 8 years having exclusively used Dell, I've spent more time in the past 4 weeks dealing with issues on this fancy HP Zbook G3 than I did in the previous 8 having multiple Dell laptops.  

I wish I had gone with Dell but my new job standardized on HP.

Is there any hope for these issues?  All I want is to sit down at my desk and not have to spend 15 minutes screwing around with the laptop everytime I do something or leave for a bit or disconnect from the dock.

HP Recommended

This is without a doubt the worst docking station i've ever seen.  It's a big steamy pile of bantha poodoo.  USB ports stop working at random, if I use an HDMI screen (With an HP DisplayPort to HDMI adapter mind you) the screen goes into a flickering loop anytime I wake the monitor back up from power save.  Unplugging the docking station from the laptop and plugging it back in sometimes fixes this, sometimes it doesn't.   My mouse and keyboard sometimes pause for a moment, then jump and start working again.  For the keyboard this sometimes means some of my keystrokes get missed and at other times it appears that one of the keys is stuck for about 15 presses.  If I unplug the keyboard and mouse from the docking station and plug directly into the laptop it works fine.   I currently have four cables plugged directly into my laptop because of these issues.   I'm running Win10 x64 and have updated all BIOS/Firmware/drivers and the problem still exists.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.