Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Sorry you are having these issues. I am currently running the TB dock, although on a Elite X2 1012 with absolutely no problems. Single DP monitor, usb keyboar dna mouse, ehternet, usb headset, all plugged in and working with no issues. I do, however, keep my system updated. What is your device connecting to the Thunderbolt dock?

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

I have two Acer monitors connected via display port, one usb mouse (with dongle), one usb keyboard, on hp dvd drive.

My system is completely up to date as far as HP Softpaq manager as well as windows updates.

My problems seem to occur when the screen goes to screen saver (had to turn if off), disconnect/reconnect the thunderbolt port, reboot, any activity that requires "administrator privileges" such as changing configuration, running certain applications/programs/utilities, etc.

I've been able to make it work as long as I don't do the normal things a laptop user would do.

So this is an expensive piece of equipment to act as a display replicator.

HP Recommended

Somewhat glad to hear that the problems exist with Windows 10 as well.  I was contemplating upgrading from Win 7 pro but now I won't.

HP Recommended

If you are sure you have all system updates, including the Intel TB Connect and firmware updates (2 different softpaqs) then i suggest you change power management in Windows to Never, from Sleep, while on A/C power

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I have it never, never, never on batter and power.

HP Recommended

I have many of the same issues and am using a zbook studio g3 15 Win 10 laptop with it.   The 2 issues that are the worst are the USB freeze up and the random stuck keys.     

Since upgrading all available drivers, I've not had any noticeable display issues.   However, the usb issue has not gotten any better.   

I have also noticed that the dock itself gets pretty warm if not hot. 

The easiest way for me to deal with it is to unplug the power from the dock and plug it back in.   I am doing this on average at least 3 to 5 times per day.  

Hopefully someone at HP is working on updating the drivers to fix these issues.

HP Recommended

Sounds exactly like the USB  port issues I've experienced with the dock as well.

Hangs/pauses, keys repeat,  ports suddently stop working,  ports seem to be dead on boot up/etc.

Contact HP's Elite support team and describe exactly the behavior of the USB ports you are seeing. Insist (and make sure you actually did) that all the drivers and dock firmware have been updated. They were able to fix mine today.

And yes, I've also noticed the display ports are working very well after updating all the drivers.

HP Recommended

@Stuart- you mentioned that they were able to fix yours.   

What exactly did they fix?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

They provided a non-public/beta update, had me reset bios to factory defaults, uncheck usb ports available preboot.

My gut tells me that the main fix is the resetting bios setting to factory defaults, as none of the 7 other notebooks like this were having the USB port problems.  I had upgraded/downgraded the bios so many times, I suspect something was inconsistent or wrong with the settings.

If this doesn't work for you, contact them and they should be able to sort you out... 800-334-5144 I believe.

HP Recommended

Same issues here, as outlined in my own thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Zbook-17-G3-Thundberbolt-3-Dock-issues/td-p/5608226

Definitely getting frustrated that I can't get this working - it's definitely got me leaning away from using these machines in my next deployment due late this year.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.