Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

It's Windows 7 SP1 64 bit EN + SWEDEN MUI

HP Recommended

SuperDOS: Hm, thats strange I got  Windows 7 SP1 64 bit EN + Czech MUI and the version 6.2.20.8 and 6.2.17.1 don't work.

HP Recommended

I've also tried version 6.2.20.8 which works for me as well still the OSD for the light doesn't change.

How do you install it, the setup or msi-file?

Another note, I can't use the hotkey until like 20 seconds after logon since it's a service that need to start, so look in your task manager (show processes for all users) if hotkeyservice.exe is running.

If not look under services if you can find it there and maybe start it.

HP Recommended

I installed the "6.2.17.1"  via MSI and "6.2.20.8" version via setup.exe.

The service "HP Hotkey Service" is running.

HP Recommended

Strange, will add latest Graphics driver (20.19.15.4457) and HotKey Support to my image and do a reinstall.

HP Recommended

I am already using graphic driver version 20.19.15.4457.

HP Recommended

Ok, I added HP Hotkey support 6.2.20.8 and Intel Graphics 20.19.15.4457 to my task sequence in SCCM.

Reinstalled my machine.

Same result as before, Hotkeys works but brightness OSD won't change.

HP Recommended

I created new ticket on HP Czech support. They send me some link for HP tool which scan whole PC and create logs which I sent to them. They told me that they forwarded it to internation HP support. I am curious what answer I will get.

HP Recommended

So,  the solution was how I expected. "You have to use HP preload" if you will use other Windows version then they don't guarantee that it will work. :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

On a 850 G3 for me the solution was (after hours of searching) to change the keyboard driver to Standard PS/2 instead of the 101/102-key driver. Reboot and done.

Hope this will help some more!

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.