Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
9470M
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Anyone have any advice on getting this taken care of in the last year this laptop has been to service 5 times.

This last time it took me a week to get a box to ship it back.  Total time since I opened ticket getting machine back was 2 weeks and then it comes back non-functional!

The battery light flashs orange/white and will not power on.

I think this is the 3rd time they have replaced the motherboard.

I took battery out and held down power button for 30 seconds (as this has fixed in the past but no go this time)

I bought 4 of these and the other one has been 2 service twice for similar issues.

Where can I escalate this issue!

This model is terrible! I purchased 15 Elitebook 745 and they have been stable for the last 2 months but these 9470m have just been a headache.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mbeckler

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mbeckler

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Well here I sit with a broken laptop still.

So far I got a response from one person but no followup from the other team that is supposed to be contacting me.

I'm glad this person responded to me. However I have a broken laptop that is of no use to me.

What a frustrating process.

Anyone else experice a flashing battery light and the laptop won't turn on?

(Motherboard was replaced at last service and it came back broken like this)

Matt

HP Recommended

Wanted to update this thread.

A case was finally opened to resolve this.

I think they will resolve this to my satisifaction at this point.

It is dissapointing that I had to go through so much to get this resolved.

This computer was down and out for 3+ weeks now.

So in summary, Overall HP came through with a resolution, but how long it took was unfortunately.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update, can you tell me how your issue was resolved? As I'm having the same issue with mine. 

My 9470m sometimes won't power up. The Lightning light just flashes white and orange continuously. I've tried switching batteries and chargers but it is still the same. I've also tried various reset instructions I found online, but no luck. I'm convinced it is an issue with the charging system, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot/repair.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry by resolution I meant that the laptop was replaced. (Luckily I had Hp Care pack on it)

I will say that I think it is a flaw with this model as I had my laptop to service 5 times and they replaced the motherboard most of those times and it always shows the same systems after a little while.

I also have 2 others that have done the same thing and have been to service at least 1 time each.

So not much help to you on fixing yours. Sorry.

Matt

HP Recommended

this is really messed up as i have had 2 9470m's do this to me and it started right outside of warranty I even replaced the mobo myself and the issues came back!  do not know what it could be. did the computer randomly have the ability to turn on sometimes, and sometimes no matter what you did it would not work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.