Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello to all. I have had nothing but problems with the HP notebook we have and the several HP Printers.

2 DVD drives  bad, one mother board  BAD ..now overheating...the Printers ...all have Head Problems (cost more to Replace...then you can buy a New Printer for.

I have been a Loyal HP customer for over 40 years. At one time HP...was a Professional, Quality Company.

Now...since many ...or most of the products are ....MADE IN CHINA.......everything with a HP label

is terrible. ....JUNK

That is why the company is in a BAD Financial State. ...they only care about Profit..and.... NO LONGER

CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS...Regardless ...if it is a Printer or Notebook or...anything else.

It is all JUNK.....All POORLY MADE...... LOW QUALITY PRODUCTS.

WAKE UP  HP.......care about your IMAGE and NAME....And... your LOYAL Customers.

HP Recommended

CDLdrvr: I own the same laptop, and it's running hot too. Mine hasn't  experienced shutting down due to heat yet, but one day, my arm by accident touched the lower left side of the computer, it's HOT. I mean HOT. My friend had similar problems, and I thought mine is normal untill I talked to her a few days ago. Hopefully there is a solution for it. I spent almost $900 for this about 2 years ago.

HP Recommended

i am just lucky  i got a brandnew one for €600, 2 yrs ago. I consider that as luck since i wanted to spend more on something that will atleast last more than 3-4 yrs without having major issues,atleast can try and deal with minor fault,but the laptop overheating it's a nuisance,i'll have to try another manufacture,saw a blog here someone saying that ''Lenovo'' last longer than HP which am inclined to belive so since ma brother has one purchased the same year one being a month older than the other though but his is still running okey,might have some glitches but it never overheats,even the work arounds i am getting from ''HP'' are not helping just so dissapointed,PLS come up with something better ''HP".

HP Recommended

mine last just over a year - as soon as the warranty ran out.  not impressed with HP

HP Recommended

I don't know if this will help anyone but I have an HP G72 Notebook which was running hot. I now have it raised (actually on a small baking pan) so that the vent on the side/bottom is clear and it does not overheat anymore.

HP Recommended

Funny my laptop is under an active recall and my waranty expired the basterds won't issue my any form of reimbusrtment for damages caused from over heating and even though it is under recall refuse to even talk to me with out 50 dollars refuse to issue a warranty cause it is activly broken sorta speak. I am int eh process of filing legal actions against hp for selling me a defective device I have receipts proving I purchased it. I did not sign any form of liability waivers against hp either so I am in a goo stand against these scam artists its funny the printer I got broke to.I would tell every one I know never get hp ever. But if hp want's to cpmply and help us all out with our issues they caused id recomend ppl 

HP Recommended

hey the fix is simply, the work... is medium. you gotta clear out the vents around the fan. this entails you opening up your laptop and pulling out the mobo (for a majority of you) separating the fan for the heat sink, opening up the fan housing can clearing out the  3 oz of dust that has collected there. if i were you id remember how to do this cause youll have to do it once a year or so (depending on how much you use your comp and where you use it.

its a bad design by hp. sorry.

i work as a computer repair tech and when the employees for the company want their personal laptops serviced they bring them to me. i can tell you this much: for every 1 lenovo, i get 3 dell, and 10 hp (plus the misc gateway and acer, but i dont accept apple. to hell with apple) the biggest problem with hp is the heat. it kills the battery and when i gets hot enough causes the comp to crash randomly (that jet fighter sound you hear is the 2nd to last stage before it starts crashing). The fan kicks into hyperdrive becaue the vents are all blocked up.

TAKE YOUR LAPTOP APART AND CLEAN OUT THE VENTS. if you dont feel comfortable doing that and are in 323 213 805 818 or 626 hit me up. if youre not in that area take it to a tech. you should pay around 60 to 100 bucks. if that sounds like too much, then dont buy an hp again. or just learn how to do it yourself, its not too technical just pretty work intesive.

GOOD RUCK FELLAS.

HP Recommended

Yes, same here extremeee Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! , i am decided to use as frying Pan

HP Recommended

don't worry ! you can make for yourself cooling pad 

or

Snapshot_20130805_16.PNG

EX not cooling pad : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzouK-nkn6M
EX have cooling pad : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kRxdOqrzEQ

demo

+ start job basic 

+ playing Dynasty Warriors 8

+ playing Need For Speed Most Wanted DLC 2013

burn nitrous

+ playing Need For Speed Rivals 2013

playing Battlefield 3

Battlefield BF4

open more application  (64bit) Ae , Ps , Ai , CINEMA 4D , CR X6 ,3DS MAX not running

good luck !

HP Recommended
After many years facing the problem, the solution is by servicing my HP. Just send to the nearest computer service centre, and they will clean up the fans, add up the thermopaste etc. So far, my HP getting better as compared to the previous issue. HP didnt respond any suggest any solutions.. so I think this is the best advice.. the cost should be less than 100.00 Malaysian Ringgit.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.